Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Dress stores

I am looking for suggestions for bridal boutiques. Preferrably places that have a large selection and knowledgable staff! Thanks!

Re: Dress stores

• I got my dress at Brides of France in Richfield. Not a huge selection, but it was still nice :-) I also went to David's Bridal in Richfield. It was ok. Lots of dresses but the person that helped me was just ok. If you feel like traveling a little, I went to Carrie Johnson Bridal and Mestad's in St. Cloud too. Mestad's was ok, not very helpful. Carrie Johnson was good, a friend of mine helped me out so that helped haha. But a pretty good selection and she was very helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • How much are you looking to spend?  I liked the Wedding Shoppe (but it seems to be a love it or hate it place in full disclosure) and found my gown there.  There are some other more boutique style stores around but their gowns tend to be much more expensive.
  • I went to David's Bridal in Richfield and Maple Grove, as well as a bunch of non-bridal stores -- I spent an afternoon in Albertville and MG at just about every store I could find that would carry white dresses, as I didn't want something poufy or super formal. The service I got at DB in Richfield was much better than in MG, FWIW, and they do have a huge selection to try on (I tried on 8s and 10s) I didn't really focus on any other bridal salons as budget was the biggest factor for me. I wanted to stay under $500 with alterations, and I was able to do that.

Side note: If you do go to DB, don't get your alterations done there. They are crazy expensive and the service was awful for the one person I know that has gone there for alterations.
  • I found my dress at Bridal Accents in Savage. Great service & wonderful experience! Most of their dresses are a little pricey (I got lucky with a sale), but I had a great time & didn't feel pressured at all.

I also tried Wedding Shoppe (big selection), Mary Kay Bridal, David's Bridal, Brides of France
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I found my dress at Bridal Accents in Savage. Great service & wonderful experience! Most of their dresses are a little pricey (I got lucky with a sale), but I had a great time & didn't feel pressured at all.

I also tried Wedding Shoppe (big selection), Mary Kay Bridal, David's Bridal, Brides of France
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    The Wedding Chapel in Crystal. They have a large selection, great staff, and very decent prices compared to a lot of the other shops in the area.
  • MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment

If you are considering an off-the-rack dress at all, I highly recommend Rush's Bridal in Minneapolis. They had a lot to choose from. I got a $1,000 for under $400! LOVE it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bella Bridal Boutique in Woodbury.  I really can't say enough good things about them.  They have a lot of dresses and great staff.  It was best experience I had look for dresses.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    The Hope Chest in Ham Lake has a good selection. And I got my dress from The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul. :)
  • Heartstrings Bridal in Hopkins has been great to work with so far.  I loved the experience I had with the consultant, trying the dresses that my mom and bridesmaids picked, the ones I liked, and then she even suggested a few.  For a person who hates to dress up, it was a really good experience.  And, my dress was only $500. 

I am in my niece's wedding in Sept and she has done all her stuff at David's Bridal.  I must say, I'm not a fan.  I just get an icky feeling walking into their store.  I just got my alterations order in for my bridesmaid dress, and paid a lot for a dress that didn't cost much in the first place.

I was supposed to look at dresses from the Wedding Chapel in Crystal - they were supposed to be having a trunk sale at Medina back in Feb, but they had communicated the wrong date to the venue, so i ended up at Heartstrings on a whim, since i had my BM's with me and figured I should be able to look at some dresses.
  • I went to the Bridal Salon at Macy's downtown Mpls. Their dresses start off at $1k but they do have trunk shows and promos mine was that after alterations. I went there because they were the only salon that carried Demetrious (a designer I fell in love with). Couldn't tell you about their selection because mine was the 2nd one I tried on.
    I want the COOOOOKIE!
    Credit to Awkward Family Pet Photos
    http://tiny.cc/kpfcdw
  • I second Bridal Accents in Savage. I had great service & the staff were incredible (Justine was really great!!!) ! They really took their time and I felt no pressure to buy on the 1st appointment unlike some other stores I went to. The dresses are a little more expensive but I just wasn't finding anything I really liked or felt as good in at the other stores.

I also went to Bella Bridal, Wedding Shoppe, Brides of France, and Raffine Bridal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_dress-stores?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:a7a87acf-7128-434b-842b-6f7dfbf8a10dPost:d7c4d7fe-fd16-4852-8f0d-2433793c5657">Re: Dress stores</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Wedding Chapel in Crystal. They have a large selection, great staff, and very decent prices compared to a lot of the other shops in the area.
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]
    I also found a dress at the Wedding Shop in Crystal as did most of my friends.  No complaints here.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards