Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Professional False Eyelashes

Sorry if this has been asked recenlty, the search function isn't working on this board but I am wondering if anyone has gotten false eyelashes at a salon at all?

Apparently there are a couple  kinds, one kind lasts about 5 days or so and the other kind last a month or more I think and then apparently you can have either black glue or clear. 

I am wondering if anyone else has had the ones that last 5 days and which glue was used and how they worked out for you??

Re: Professional False Eyelashes

• sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love this question.  I don't think its been asked.  I can't wait to hear the answers!
  • edited December 2011
    I just got the cheapo ones that last a day.  I did them for both the make up trial and the day-of wedding.  I loved them.  :)

Did you see today's Crowd Cut deal?? It's fake eyelashes!

• edited December 2011
    I've never had professional ones, but since I used to dance, I had to wear them a lot for shows. I used to buy the cheap ones at Target or Walgreens or whatnot. They last a couple days if you want to rewear them, but also stay on great for just one day too. If you buy a few and practice a couple times, or have another person practice on you (it takes a while to do it well by yourself!),  you will probably be good to go by your wedding! Of course, going professional always works too. :)
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT DO THE ONES WITH THE BLACK GLUE!!!

It was the worst experience ever.  When my I slept, my eyes would get glued shut, and they would not come off for anything.  When I finally did, they ripped out almost all my eyelashes.

I use the temporary ones all the time.  Love them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I wouldn't bother with the mutliple day ones, I've only heard bad things about your real lashes coming out after you remove them. Yikes!!

Its easy enough to do falsies for the day of. I agree with PP, if you are doing them yourself, I recommend practicing a bit. If you use the full strip ones, it helps to cut the strip in half and put it on in 2 steps.

I prefer using the smaller single lashes (they are like little clusters of 3 lashes). It gives just the right amount of OOMPH without the hassle of glueing your eye shut or dealing with only part of the strip sticking on. I think I used about 3 clusters in the outer section of each eye and it was great. Really natural looking...I mean, they made my eyes stand out more, but it wasn't like WOAH she's wearing falsies. They are also WAY easier to put on, and if you mess up, you won't have tons of glue to deal with, just the little dab. Its easy to re-apply them over again too.
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried the one day kind a couple months before the wedding and ended up loving them. They are really not that hard to apply with some practice.

I like the MAC ones as you can go in there and they will apply them for you and teach you how to do it and they last a pretty long time (about 8-10 times) if you clean them off well after each use.

I do like the glue they sell at Target better though. The MAC glue is more expensive and doesnt dry clear in all areas. The Target glue is inexpensive and drys clear all over.

HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice ladies!  I had actually gone to a professional on Friday and she put them on using the black glue.  (I wanted to do a trial to make sure my skin woulndn't react to the glue, plus I had b-pics on Sunday so I wanted fake eyelashes for that)  and let me just say that the black glue turned out HORRID.  I don't know if it was the glue's fault or if the estitician just sucked but they looked awful and like someone dumped black tar all over the eyelashes - like it extended out on to the lashes by 1/8 of an inch or so!! 

I do use the strip lashes when I get really dressed up but I guess I was worried that for the wedding day, they might not stay on securely, especially if I cry.

SO thanks to the advice on here I went to Target, got the lashes that are individual (just have a few lashes per cluster) and put them on myself on Saturday and most of them are still on today.  It was just enough to add some volume but not SO much that it was overpowering or looked fake.  :)    I just wish I would have tried this first, before paying someone $25 to put them on for me and make them look like crap!  Bleh!
  • In Response to Re:Professional False Eyelashes:[QUOTE]Sorry if this has been asked recenlty, the search function isn't working on this board but I am wondering if anyone has gotten false eyelashes at a salon at all?Apparently there are a couplenbsp; kinds, one kind lasts about 5 days or so and the other kind last a month or more I think and then apparently you can have either black glue or clear.nbsp; I am wondering if anyone else has had the ones that last 5 days and which glue was used and how they worked out for you?? Posted by rayofsunshine99[/QUOTE]

I am a big lash fan! I wear lashes everyday! From natural ones to dramatic ones. : I have very short lashes so they really do make a difference. I would highly recommend just buying them over the counter rather than going to the salon. I wear mine and take them off at the end of the night and depending how well u take care of them, they can last a long time. My everyday look consists of the double up 203 and they usually last me about a month. Here's a good tip and secret to making lashes look nice!: take 2 natural or any pair of lashes u like and put them together. Literally one on top of another it looks amazing! My fav. drugstore lashes are the ardell and mod lashes. I usually get double 203 and put them together and mod lashes 33. Put those together and .. It's amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards