Ohio-Columbus

Im New! Looking for advice

Hi everyone. I just joined the knot! I'm looking for advice - My fiance and I are getting married
in June and I honestly haven't started anything except we have a venue (my parents farm).

I just heard about a wedding shop closing (Bella laccio bridal). Here's the link my girlfriend sent me www.bellalacciobridal.com. Has anyone shopped there? I would love to get my dress off my list. A sample would be fine, just need to get started.

Also, need florist and cake referrals?

Thank you ~ Tina

Re: Im New! Looking for advice

• edited September 2012
    I'm using Madison House Designs for florist and she's been wonderful.

Cakes Creatively by Crystal has also been fabulous! Also using Jessica Love Photography and she has been amazing! Our DJ is TEAM DJ and I think they are going to a great job as well. Two Caterers is the exclusive caterer for our venue (The Ballroom at Oakhurst) and they've been great as well!
  • Thanks jpslp84! I'll look into those.
  • Bella Laccio is a great shop. Beautiful selection. I hope you get a good deal. I'd also love to recommend Elegant Bride (where I found my gorgeous gown) and Trumpington Bridal House (where I found my headpiece and my runner-up dress). 

Flowers: Eva from EcoFlora: The Sustainable Florist or Flowers on Springtree Lane

Cake: Cindy from Enticing Icings!
  • I second Cindy from Enticing Icings! She is doing our cake for our wedding in November.
    I don't have a flower reference as we aren't using flowers.

Congrats on the engagement and happy planning!! 
  • Thanks everyone. After I saw MissOwl's response I called Bella Laccio. Jen told me she was liquidating in November but would see me sooner if I was willing to purchase off the rack. She got me in this morning and I FOUND MY DRESS!!! Its a Robert Bullock full lace sweetheart, ugh, to die for. Its so beautiful. It needs altered a little bit, but fits like a glove. I cannot wait to walk down the aisle in this amazing dress! Thanks to y'all for your suggestions.
    I told Jen that I would let everyone know about her shop. Great Deals All Around!

Tina
  • I also am using Madison House, she came in lower in price than Flower Man where you do your own flowers, and she has been great!  I am using Anita the Cake Lady, best prices I found and THE BEST cake!  Our photographer is Picture Perfect Portraits, also been great in communicating and response time.  Our friends just used them and the pictures turned out great.  Our DJ is Buckeye Entertainment, again, very reasonably priced.  I think those are the big ones right now, enjoy!   
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_im-new-looking-for-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:70bf7015-f06d-49b0-aa38-50f3c5b018fePost:60f8860c-970e-4552-96de-8cac3fd2750e">Re: Im New! Looking for advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone. After I saw MissOwl's response I called Bella Laccio. Jen told me she was liquidating in November but would see me sooner if I was willing to purchase off the rack. She got me in this morning and I FOUND MY DRESS!!! Its a Robert Bullock full lace sweetheart, ugh, to die for. Its so beautiful. It needs altered a little bit, but fits like a glove. I cannot wait to walk down the aisle in this amazing dress! Thanks to y'all for your suggestions. I told Jen that I would let everyone know about her shop. Great Deals All Around! Tina
    Posted by TinaFerio[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>How much were the dresses running around?

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VVerDesigns is a wonderful florist!! I got SO much for my budget of $1500.  People couldn't believe all my flowers only cost that much (I had A TON).
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards