Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

SEX Poll

I've been at work for 12 hours now, and I'm getting bored.  I just did this on the month board, so you guys can answer too :)

BTW... yes, I'm sick of WR stuff.

Re: SEX Poll

• edited December 2011
    Man... there are 14 answers, but no responses.  I thought this would start up a conversation at least!

I'll be honest... FI and I used to do it way more often, but real life has sort of killed the mood.  Anyone else in that boat?
  • edited December 2011
    WORD to that, Steph! I ended up voting a couple of times a month. It used to be a couple of times a week but I'm so exahusted when I get home from endless days of work and school that all I want to do is crash! Definitely kills the mood a bit when I can't even keep my eyes open :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Real life and stress does kill the mood, that's for sure. Also since we have a little one in the house it makes it more difficult- but we still find time. Or turn on the PS3 for the little guy and sneak away to our room :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:c5aef587-6d2c-4370-8389-0c64fe4e05a3">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Real life and stress does kill the mood, that's for sure. Also since we have a little one in the house it makes it more difficult- but we still find time.<strong> Or turn on the PS3 for the little guy and sneak away to ou</strong><strong>r room :)</strong><div>Posted by elizabethandandrew[/QUOTE]

</div><div>I wonder if that would work for the pup.  It's stupid, but I feel weird knowing that he's either a. in the room and watching (never), or b. lying outside the door whining and listening.</div>
  • kkaew816kkaew816 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're more of a once a week couple, but that wasn't an option on the poll...it's definetly less than when we first started dating!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Steph- Have you introduced your pup to Geenies or the ball that you can put the kibble in? Used to keep my dog distracted for a couple hours!
  • edited December 2011
    Um, so about the greenies... my dog goes "chop. chop. swallow."  no lie.  real bones last a little longer (insert pun here..... that's what she said.)

Full disclosure- I may be KUI right now.
  • edited December 2011

What's KUI mean?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:9b73cceb-c3d0-45f6-8425-7c4b84cd9bf4">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's KUI mean?
    Posted by elizabethandandrew[/QUOTE]
     <div>Knotting under influence ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>I.e. I had a 13 hour work day, so I'm drunk.</div>
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:b1adaf17-92c6-4668-8788-7d71c30bc0cf">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEX Poll : <strong> I wonder if that would work for the pup.</strong>  It's stupid, but I feel weird knowing that he's either a. in the room and watching (never), or b. lying outside the door whining and listening.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Your dog knows how to play video games???

Seriously though, that would creep me out, too.

I voted a couple times  a month, because of life getting in the way, but if you count the times that we do other things b/c we're too lazy to actually have sex, it's a lot more...
  • edited December 2011
    KUI - I love it!  I'm a couple of glasses of wine in, myself.  :)

We're a couple times a week.  I work during the day and Steve works nights, so weekends are our only chance.  But we hit it at least once a week, and usually 2 (maybe 3 times) each weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Jen- I love that you just said "we hit it". 
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:340aba16-93dc-41fe-be17-812d88b3dfd0">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen- I love that you just said "we hit it". 

Haha, I was just about to say the exact same thing, Steph!

Adopting pets severely dampened the frequency with which my FI and I "hit it" as well. But, since moving into our own apartment (we used to live in a house with mutliple roommates) it's gotten a lot easier to sneak away.

Is there somewhere in your apartment that your dog naturally likes to go and hang out by himself? Wait until he's naturally wandered into another room, let him relax a bit and close a door while he's not paying attention. Warning, this may result in living room sex or kitchen sex if your dog likes to hang out in the bedroom ;-)
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, did anyone else notice that our percentage who answered "never" is WELL below that of any time this type of question comes up on a national board? I wonder what this says about girls in the Twin Cities?
  • edited December 2011
    The Twin Cities tend to be a more liberal board anyway.... and we have a lot of married gals on here, so hopefully they're not abstinent ;)
  • jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our dog likes to sit at the door and whine as well.  Kind of a mood killer... lol
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, this is probably waaaaay too much information, but I read somewhere that having sex everyday helps you stick to a diet.  They gave a lot of chemical reasons and stuff but basically it is just supposed to make you feel better about yourself and stuff.  I told FI about this and he was like "sure babe, I suppose I could help you out with that.."

Haha, it actually is kinda awesome.  Its been about a month now.  I've not cheated once on my very strict diet (even the day spent at the fair!) and I feel soooo much closer to FI.  We argue way less, and I feel like stress levels have gone way down.  So for all your ladies who say stress kills the mood, maybe try and force it more often?  There were def days I didnt feel like it at all, but I made myself.. and within minutes of course I was in the mood, haha.

Theres my TMI for the day. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm loving the TMI.
    Unfortunately, I had to answer less than once a month. Luckily, its not stress or Doggie related (however, I'll answer that for you steph). Its because we are long distance and I usually only get to seem him 4xs a Year. That being said when we do get wknds we avg 7 times. LoL (he would kill me if he knew I was talking about this haha) I suspect it will spread and even out when we live together after the wedding.

As for the Dog thing Steph I hear ya. Our Puppy barks and freaks out (FI only has a studio apt. so we put her in her crate and she has to be in the room). If we are at my Apt. though I am able to get her in the other room but I still have to crate her or she scratchs the door and wants to get in.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:127e8431-8521-45b5-b9f1-d326782b74b6">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, this is probably waaaaay too much information, but I read somewhere that having sex everyday helps you stick to a diet.  They gave a lot of chemical reasons and stuff but basically it is just supposed to make you feel better about yourself and stuff.  I told FI about this and he was like "sure babe, I suppose I could help you out with that.." Haha, it actually is kinda awesome.  Its been about a month now.  I've not cheated once on my very strict diet (even the day spent at the fair!) and I feel soooo much closer to FI.  We argue way less, and I feel like stress levels have gone way down.  So for all your ladies who say stress kills the mood, maybe try and force it more often?  There were def days I didnt feel like it at all, but I made myself.. and within minutes of course I was in the mood, haha. Theres my TMI for the day. 
    Posted by Enchanted616[/QUOTE]

Let's not pass this information along to my FI, k? :)

No seriously, I would love to do it more.  Honestly, I agree.  When we are more often, we argue less and just feel closer to each other.  But, sadly, work gets in the way.... and I just cannot do it when it's that time of the month. 
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. How's the diet going, Breanna?  Any new impulse buys we should be talking you down from? :)
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say we average out to twice a week when I'm not traveling for work. It's really unfortunate, but with the wedding so close, life has gotten even busier than before (I didn't know that was possible) and we're both so beat at the end of the day. Sad!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    We used to do it twice a week on weekends like clockwork, then occasionally another time during the week.  Then we got Wesley, so now it's more like once a week.  If we're in the bed and awake, he wants to come up with us, and he'll go from side to side until someone picks him up.  Sometimes we can get him to stay in his bed, but we had to crate him once.  I guess that's the down side of having a dog.  Also, since we bought our house a year ago, it always seems like there's something we have to get up early for on the weekends that we have to do, and our "snuggle time" is usually in the morning, since I have a really hard time sleeping afterward.

I think the difference with this board as far as fewer people never having sex is that we seem to not have any very young posters.  In some of the national boards, there are posters who are still teenagers who might be waiting until after marriage, which is why they're getting married so soon.
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, diet is going awesome!  Its been over a month like I said, and I haven't "plateaued" yet on the weight loss.. I try to go only weigh myself about once a week, and every time I'm very happy!  

As for impluse buys.. (well, at least WR ones, we don't need to go into everything else, haha), I've been highly NWR lately (besides being here).  There has been way too much going on to even attempt to think about the actual details of my own wedding.  But I'll let you know when theres something you need to talk me out of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • brink131brink131 member
    edited December 2011
    We're down to about once a week now, on the weekends. We used to do it much more often, but our jobs are both quite physically demanding and we have long commutes and there just never seems to be the energy for it. I'd love to start "hitting it" ;) more often though, I feel like our sense of closeness is suffering. No dog to distract us thankfully, but one of our cats likes to jump up on the bed sometimes and check things out when we're in the middle of it, definitely awkward. Then we have to stop to kick her out. We should just remember to close the door in the first place, lol!
  • chou_chouchou_chou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sometimes have a hard time getting in the mood, and busy schedules/long workdays = both of us wanting sleep time over anything else.....I know DH has more of a "drive" than I do (him being a man and all, that's pretty typical) so I do try to hit it ;) more often so his needs are still being met as well as mine....I know he appreciates that, but I also know he wishes we got busy at least once a day!  I'm working on it, because I enjoy that closeness and intimacy too when it's more frequent, so hopefully we'll find our groove again like when we were dating and things will....um....pick up  LOL (couldn't resist a pun there!)
  • edited December 2011
    Ok... new question...

what's your favorite 'slang' for "engaging in sexual intercourse."??
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:42c6da51-a2fd-404f-817a-f822adf43603">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok... new question... what's your favorite 'slang' for "engaging in sexual intercourse."??

I like how you put that in quotes...like its some otherwordly phenomenon or something.

I like that classic "tap that ass".

Also, to jump in late in the game here, we average about once a week (unless its that TOTM, cuz like you Steph, that's a no-go). I agree that work and school stress and lack of sleep kills it more often than I enjoy, but since we only saw eachother once a month for the past 2 years, its been pretty great. Haha.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_sex-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:b841e374-a749-486c-a900-ca3b07f91373Post:42c6da51-a2fd-404f-817a-f822adf43603">Re: SEX Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok... new question... what's your favorite 'slang' for "engaging in sexual intercourse."??

<div>I'm a fan of the old school "knocking the boots". Or "schtupping". Hi, I'm as mature as a 13 year old boy!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have any good ones for regular sex, but the one FI and I made up for butt sex is "digging for buttons."  It's better than calling it anal or gay sex, not that we even do it.  Sorry, TMI.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sad I'm so late for this convo, glad we're not the only ones to be down to once/week.  Oye it used to be 3-4 week when I was in college and then I got a big kid job and started working nights and he worked days.  Doesn't work so well for the sex life. 
    I guess my favorite slang is saying it's our "private reflection time" LOL Dodgeball!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards