Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Ceremony and Reception Venue

Hi Ladies! 
We got engaged on Christmas Eve and are now really starting to get into planning mode. We haven't set a date, we are pretty open in that area. Looking for a venue in the Twin Cities where we can hold both the ceremony and reception. And liquor wise, we would like somewhere that would allow us to essentially buy bottles of alcohol from them rather than pay per person or per drink. Any ideas? Thank you! 

Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue

• Profile Event Center would be perfect! We are getting married there on Sat :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Our best friends just got married there two weeks ago! We loved it but they have since changed their liquor policy to now charge per person and it is nearly as expensive as the food. Our friends got into their contract (as I'm sure you did) before they changed the policy and you can no longer buy bottles from them. 
  • MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    You should check out the St. Paul College Club on Summit Avene.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-and-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:be95894a-93fb-4d72-8df1-57d14fe1c1f5Post:5609c5e6-0ffe-4f57-9eed-64029998bda6">Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our best friends just got married there two weeks ago! We loved it but they have since changed their liquor policy to now charge per person and it is nearly as expensive as the food. Our friends got into their contract (as I'm sure you did) before they changed the policy and you can no longer buy bottles from them. 
    Posted by melissah07[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. we signed before the change too so I wasn't 100% sure. I know they have a wholesale option that was new with the changes. We are getting our kegs through them and we couldn't have done that before. Before the changes, they pretty much gave you a recommendation on where to go. I don't think it would hurt to ask them about the wholesale option. Their prices are pretty comparable to what you'd find at a liquor store (though we found decent wine for half the cost, which is why we didn't get that through them).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We're having both at Solera in downtown Minneapolis. They have options for purchasing kegs, bottles of alcohol, pitchers of sangria, etc. They've been very easy to work with and their pricing is pretty reasonable, all things considered. You can also rent their rooftop for your ceremony, which is what we're doing.  Plus, we think their food is great!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-and-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:be95894a-93fb-4d72-8df1-57d14fe1c1f5Post:81d67372-2610-4961-aa1c-4483cc6ab037">Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue : Yeah.. we signed before the change too so I wasn't 100% sure. I know they have a wholesale option that was new with the changes. We are getting our kegs through them and we couldn't have done that before. Before the changes, they pretty much gave you a recommendation on where to go. I don't think it would hurt to ask them about the wholesale option. Their prices are pretty comparable to what you'd find at a liquor store (though we found decent wine for half the cost, which is why we didn't get that through them).
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh really! That is great to know! I fell in love with it at their wedding so I'm not sure I will be able to put my heart into anything else haha. I hope your day is amazing! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-and-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:be95894a-93fb-4d72-8df1-57d14fe1c1f5Post:bd056724-05a9-48c7-bbe0-9de9f45f9c34">Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should check out the St. Paul College Club on Summit Avene.
    Posted by MKTK[/QUOTE]
     Thanks! I took a look at it and really love it. Their dinner capacity though says 250 and right now we are at 249 so I think it would be a tight fit, but I'm for sure keeping it on the list to see if we can make it work! 
  • MKTKMKTK member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-and-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:be95894a-93fb-4d72-8df1-57d14fe1c1f5Post:05332a2e-af12-4ec8-84f3-c934b35e94c7">Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ceremony and Reception Venue :  Thanks! I took a look at it and really love it. Their dinner capacity though says 250 and right now we are at 249 so I think it would be a tight fit, but I'm for sure keeping it on the list to see if we can make it work! 
    Posted by melissah07[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aw, shoot. That would be pretty tight. Good luck! I think picking the venue is the most stressful part. I'm sure you'll find something perfect for you!

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! We had to cancel recently at a beautiful venue in Minneapolis, the Semple Mansion. We had to pay for the venue anyway so we can sublet it to you at a reduced price. We've rented it for the entire day so it is perfect for a ceremony and reception. <div>You should look at their website and contact them if you're interested. The date we have is 7/27/2013. I don't know about the liquor-and maybe that date is too soon for you? Anyway, let me know if you want more information.</div><div>Rebecca</div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://minneapolis-stpaul.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_ceremony-and-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:be95894a-93fb-4d72-8df1-57d14fe1c1f5Post:a53804d5-b43c-4b46-af14-191efd5cb3a3">Ceremony and Reception Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies!  We got engaged on Christmas Eve and are now really starting to get into planning mode. We haven't set a date, we are pretty open in that area. Looking for a venue in the Twin Cities where we can hold both the ceremony and reception. And liquor wise, we would like somewhere that would allow us to essentially buy bottles of alcohol from them rather than pay per person or per drink. Any ideas? Thank you! 
    Posted by melissah07[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • My fiance and I decided to get married in Mexico which means our spot at Mendakota County Club in Mendota Heights is available Saturday August 17th.  The venue is absolutley beatiful with the option to get married there outdoors as well.  Perry (catoring director) is amazing to work with.  Here is the link to their website.  Please contact Perry to learn more about an amazing place to get married!!  I'm sure you could just pay for bottles.

Thanks!!
  • Try Unique Dining Experiences, very accomodating and they will also relieve a lot of your stress by taking care of anything and everything. All you have to do is say, "I do". Talk to Jeff at (763)370-5744. Tell him Linda sent you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards