Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Any fun plans for this weekend?

I know it is a day early but I am really pushing for Friday this week. Plus Joe has tomorrow AND monday off this weekend and I am totally jealous so I wish it was the weekend :).

Anything fun planed? Either WR or NWR?

Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?

• Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh BESIDES the knottie GTG on Sunday of course :)!
  • Options
    Cascasbaby53Cascasbaby53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Friday and Monday off as well!

Friday FI and I are going to the Wild game with my brother for his birthday. Saturday, I work one of my second jobs. Sunday, maybe date day. Monday, food testing at PEC!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CPA test on Saturday morning...which I suddenly am losing confidence in...I feel like everything Ive learned/memorized is disappearing, ugh.  Then it's FI & my dating anniversary (5 years) and we are going to dinner at the Capital Grille.  Can't wait!!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have Monday off! Yay for federal holidays! 
    FI and I are going out to eat with some of his friends this weekend. I've never really gotten along with them, so this is my attempt to make nice. Every singe interaction I've had with them has been negative to me, so I'm hoping that I can either learn to like them or prove my point to FI. The guy is in our wedding, so I feel like I need to do this now so that I can get over it and enjoy our day. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh you people with your federal holidays off!!!
    ...I'm just jealous....I wish my company did that but I cant really complain since I get 23 days of PTO a year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the only thing WR will be picking out fabric for FI's mess dress "party shirt." Since hes wearing his uniform everything is "very serious"but after dinner he'll take off his jacket and the back pannel of his shirt will be some crazy fabric. Here's some pictures to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

NWR I think FI and I are going to check out the botanical gardens at the Bellagio (I live in Vegas) I've heard they're pretty and free!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hmmm...Saturday I'm going to my brother's 40th bday party and Sunday I am being baptized (never was, long story), and then throwing a surprise 60th bday party for my dad at one of our favorite restaurants - Boca Chica, we have about 50 people coming so I am super excited and really hope to pull off the surprise!

Meeting with the church coordinator tonight to get some things planned, excited to pick out music and get the timeline down...anxious to start on the programs.  One of my BMs just emailed me and said she received her invite in the mail today, so that's kind of exciting :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Casca - do you know what you are tasting yet? Their food is really good though so I am sure whatever you pick will be awesome!

Kayla - good luck with your test! How many do you have left again?

Graysquirrel - Yeah friends are tough. Hopefully it goes well or at least your FI will get why you dont want to hang out with them. Ideally it would be great if you got along with them but at some point maybe if you just dont have to see them it doesnt matter so much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fun-plans-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bf554391-dcdb-4b11-b60a-fa8f2c246cdfPost:4252b824-8d54-4503-ad8d-05707ce8008c">Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the only thing WR will be picking out fabric for FI's mess dress "party shirt." Since hes wearing his uniform everything is "very serious"but after dinner he'll take off his jacket and the back pannel of his shirt will be some crazy fabric. Here's some pictures to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. <strong>NWR I think FI and I are going to check out the botanical gardens at the Bellagio (I live in Vegas) I've heard they're pretty and free!
    </strong>Posted by MilitaryBride2Be[/QUOTE]

Joe and I went there when we went to vegas last year! They are free and pretty :). Small though - it doesnt take too long to walk through them but still fun! Then you can go see the chocolate fountain there too.
  • Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fun-plans-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bf554391-dcdb-4b11-b60a-fa8f2c246cdfPost:611d83d5-1b2e-483a-ba6e-abbdad57c594">Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhh you people with your federal holidays off!!! ...I'm just jealous....I wish my company did that but I cant really complain since I get 23 days of PTO a year.
    Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

Im with you on this one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fun-plans-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bf554391-dcdb-4b11-b60a-fa8f2c246cdfPost:c1b0db78-ef3b-4de6-b601-585d861c38f2">Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kayla - good luck with your test! How many do you have left again? Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Thanks!!  I've passed 2 and still need to pass another 2.  I took this one in Nov. (For sure wasn't ready for it) and didn't pass.  I feel much more prepared this time but like I said I feel like my brain is turning to mush this last week so who knows!</font></strong> 
  • Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shower and Bach Party!  So excited!  It's been forever since my friends and I partay'd!  My sister's flying in from NY, and my Grandma's coming down from Fergus Falls.  Good times will be had by all!
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck Kayla!
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fun-plans-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:bf554391-dcdb-4b11-b60a-fa8f2c246cdfPost:c1b0db78-ef3b-4de6-b601-585d861c38f2">Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Casca - do you know what you are tasting yet? Their food is really good though so I am sure whatever you pick will be awesome! Kayla - good luck with your test! How many do you have left again? Graysquirrel - Yeah friends are tough. Hopefully it goes well or at least your FI will get why you dont want to hang out with them. Ideally it would be great if you got along with them but <strong>at some point maybe if you just dont have to see them it doesnt matter so much.</strong>
    Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly what I'm thinkin! For some reason people think that when a couple gets married, they have to marry all of their friends, too, like we should all just be one big family. Some people just don't click. </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm spending the weekend in Iowa hanging out with 7 month pregnant MOH, and then Saturday night we are going to a bachelorette party. I plan to stop into Hobby Lobby in Mason City while I'm down there since there isn't one here in the TC.  I also have Monday off and plan to get lots of wedding stuff accomplished. Should be a fun filled weekend :)
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heading back to the Twin Cities area this weekend.  Had to take advantage of the three day weekend.  My mom and I will be taking my dad to get fitted for his tux, meeting with our caterer to finalize the details, taking my two best friends out for lunch to thank them for putting my bachelorette party together, going dress shopping for one of them (other found her dress already), get wedding decorations, etc. organized, meet with our ceremony musician to go over the music.  Other than that I'm going to spend time with my parents, grandmother, and Aunt.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fun-plans-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bf554391-dcdb-4b11-b60a-fa8f2c246cdfPost:84d4447e-53f0-4cfd-a6a3-ceec4ae9e8d8">Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shower and Bach Party!  So excited!  It's been forever since my friends and I partay'd!  My sister's flying in from NY, and my Grandma's coming down from Fergus Falls.  Good times will be had by all!
    Posted by k8ly[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">woo hoo! exciting! :)</font></strong>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is on his annual ice fishing trip with the guys, so I am going home to spend the weekend with my mom. I'm bringing all of my DIY stuff home to store there until the wedding.
  • Options
    sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Going to preshop for flowers at Koehler and Gramm on Sunday before the GTG - SO excited!!  Can't wait to put screen names to faces on Sunday too at the GTG.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be picking up our invitations tomorrow, then cutting/embellishing/stuffing them so we can get them in the mail on Saturday.  Just waiting for one more address, although I really don't care if I do get it, since it's for my cousin I hate.  Then we're getting the guys fitted for tuxes, then off to FBIL's house for one of the FG's birthday party.  Knottie GTG on Sunday - hope I can make it.  Then back to making hundreds and hundreds of kusudama flowers and working on all the smaller DIY projects.  I've got Monday off, too, so will be catching up with stuff on the DVR and keep working on those projects, but will mainly be relaxing with my dog.  My dog is the best.
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hip hip for exciting long weekend plans! 

First of all, Danielle -- TWENTY THREE days PTO? You're not a teacher ... how do you get that? It's awesome!!!

Andy and I are roadtripping to Nashville this weekend to "get away" together and visit some good friends of ours. I can't wait! 

Anyone have any suggestions for what we should do?
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_fun-plans-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:bf554391-dcdb-4b11-b60a-fa8f2c246cdfPost:3f8a20d1-ef6a-4805-afef-7b4a12059305">Re: Any fun plans for this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hip hip for exciting long weekend plans!  First of all, Danielle -- TWENTY THREE days PTO? You're not a teacher ... how do you get that? It's awesome!!! Andy and I are roadtripping to Nashville this weekend to "get away" together and visit some good friends of ours. I can't wait!  Anyone have any suggestions for what we should do?
    Posted by debbieupper[/QUOTE]

First off, can I just say that I love that you are on both the boards I frequent :)! So now you prolly already know that I am a BA from the Oct post :). But yeah my company treats us really well when it comes to PTO so that makes the fact that I dont love what I do much easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards