Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Renting A Private Home

Hey Ladies

My fiance and I have been exploring ideas for venues for 75 guests or fewer (probably 50 by the time RSVPS come back).  I was reading some place that some people RENT vacation homes or private homes either for the day of or sometimes longer and not only have the wedding there but stay there for a few days.

My question is: how does one go about finding a private home to rent?

We are hoping for something with a beautiful yard and possibly lake view someplace around the metro area.  We are most likely going to be having not only an outdoor ceremony but also an outdoor reception.

Here is the picture to go with the story I read about the couple who rented the vacation home/private home for their wedding.
This is a vacation home that can be rented... interesting idea.  Rent a mansion/lake home for a wedding venue

Re: Renting A Private Home

• Are you thinking of traveling somewhere for this, or were you thinking of doing it in MN? My first thought were searching for resorts and cabin rentals in MN; there are so many all over the state. If you want to go somewhere further away, you could make a post on TK local board for the area you're thinking.  Or you could just start Googling "Myrtle Beach vacation homes for rent" or "Cape Cod beach home weddings" or whatever other criteria you decide on.
  • we've used vrbo.com and homeaway.com for vacation rentals. You can contact the owners of the homes through the site and ask them about hosting a wedding.
  • hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thank you ladies :) We are wanting it to be around here/metro area, MN.  I will definatly use both your suggestions.  When I was thinking about how to rent a private home I envisioned in my head someone going and knocking on a strangers door and saying, "I like your house, mind if we borrow it?" lol

I know this would never happen lol but I just thought I would throw out the question to see how others would go about it lol.

Thanks again!
  • I also had this thought originally and used vrbo & homeaway. I don't think I found any large enough in the metro area but there was definitely a few not too far away. The ones that I had contacted asked me to carry additional insurance given the amount of people I was having and I had less than you.

The other thing I thought of was renting a few cabins at a resort and having it there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_renting-a-private-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:bfcf82b9-4a56-4dc4-a3a8-5b93fc219c79Post:aab6e765-c01a-4684-a7bd-174dd5b9284e">Re: Renting A Private Home</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also had this thought originally and used vrbo & homeaway. I don't think I found any large enough in the metro area but there was definitely a few not too far away. The ones that I had contacted asked me to carry additional insurance given the amount of people I was having and I had less than you. The other thing I thought of was renting a few cabins at a resort and having it there.
    Posted by kidlets2[/QUOTE]
    Try cyberrentals.com.  I've used them several times for vacations with family.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards