Ohio-Columbus

Pretty non-Catholic Church Needed!

Hello!  My finance and I are trying to find a pretty non-Catholic church in or near downtown.  I like Bexley United Methodist for the exterior but am looking for something with a pretty interior too.  Any ideas?

Re: Pretty non-Catholic Church Needed!

• edited December 2011
    I got married at Trinity Episcopal Church at the corner of Broad and 3rd. It's pretty!
  • edited December 2011
    I once went to a wedding at the First Congressional Church downtown and it was really beautiful on the inside and out. I've heard the King Avenue United Methodist Church is stunning too. It's not in downtown, but really close- just two blocks away from Victorian Village.
  • dgnphotodgnphoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also St Leo's in German Village.  It's stunning on the interior.  I believe they're Episcopalian.
  • edited December 2011
    Broad St. Presbyterian Church has beautiful stained glass windows (some made by Tiffany's) and is located between downtown and Bexley. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married at BoMa, its downtown, and it looks like a gorgeous church but without the hangups of most churches.  www.bomaevents.com
  • gibsonkkgibsonkk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married @ Trinity Episcopal. They are really open and don't require you to be members (which Bexely Methodist does, I think...)

I've also heard good thigns about First Congressional and Central Presbyterian - or Broad Street Presbyterian

I do know Trinity only books one wedding per weekend which is nice b/c you can pick your time but I know First Congressional has TWO weddings on Saturday so you can do a 1.00 or 1.30 or something and then 4.30 or 5 - something like that. Thats a good question to ask when you call though... if they book multiple weddings in a day/weekend.

For example, if they book Friday weddings (and yours is Saturday), you may have to do your rehearsal on Thursday intead of Friday. which woudl not work for us since people from OOT don't come in until Friday and would miss the rehearsal.

Good luck!

• hmcpeekhmcpeek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a luthern (sp?) church in worthington that some of my friends are getting married at. Its right after you get off of 270 and make a right on 23 going towards downtown.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Trinity United Methodist in Grandview (5th Ave) and had a great experience...the church is beautiful, with a lot of natural light.  We got a ton of compliments on it!
  • ggeenniiggeennii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!!  We're going to go check some of them out this weekend  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards