Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Weddings at 5120 Onyx Bar and Restaurant

My fi and I had dinner tonight at the 5120 as I had read the reviews for the restaurant and thought it would be a good fit for us. We will be having a wedding of about 30 for May 2013. I really enjoyed the food and atmospher. Any recommendations for preferred vendors or ideas for layout would be great. We were thoughting maybe a photo booth or some kind of entertainment ideas? Any suggests would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Weddings at 5120 Onyx Bar and Restaurant

• Options
    I just saw that venue on a photographer's recent blog entry:

http://grumanphotographyblog.com/2012/01/02/molly-tracy/

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks, I will follow up on this.
  • Options
    This is our venue!  May 5th is quickly approaching and I am so excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is our venue, too.  We are getting married this June and will have 75-100 guests, so we may have to use both rooms (besides the bar itself).  We haven't talked about the menu yet with Jennifer, but hopefully we can do that in the next month or two.  I think it is a beautiful space.  We had considered a string quarted but ended going with a DJ.  You will have plenty of room, regardless of what you choose.  When we were looking at it last summer, Jennifer let us come take a peak at the space when it was set up for another wedding.  Maybe you could do that, too and get some ideas for your setup.  Happy planning!!

kekr02020-your wedding is before ours-how has your planning gone with Jennifer and the staff at 5120 been?
  • Options
    Hi Pudder!  Our planning has gone really well.  I love how accommodating and laid back Jen is.  We haven't done any appetizer tasting yet, we'll be doing that soon, so we can put our app menu together.  Our ceremony starts at 7pm followed by a cocktail & hors d'oeuvours reception. 

Have you seen the bar remodel?  I hate it - but when I expressed my concerns to Jen she said they should have a divider up by May.  I hate that the bar now looks into the breakfast nook area.  I understand they wanted a bigger bar but all the cool, swanky ambiance is now lost in my opinion.  Not a deal breaker but I was just a bit disappointed.  Hopefully the divider will be up or we'll be having a more serious convo.  Not worried though!

How has it been for you?  What are your colors and theme?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    kekr0202-
    I guess I forgot to check back on this thread :)  We had our menu tasting a couple of weeks ago-everything really was good.  I also didn't like that they knocked the wall down.  It's too open to the hallway.  I assume the two main doors in the hallway and the breakfast nook can be closed so that you don't get random strangers staying at the hotel wandering in, but then how do they get to the pool??  I'm glad to hear that a divider will be up.  Jennifer wasn't there the night of our tasting, so I didn't talk to her about it.  Maybe I should email her! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards