Ohio-Columbus

Beyond the Myth

Hey all....I don't post here MUCH because I am not getting married in Columbus, but I do live here.  So I lurk from time to time (thanks for the alteration suggestions).

Anyway if you are in town tomorrow there is a really neat video being shown called Beyond the Myth.  It's about Pit Bulls and Breed Specific Legislation.  I know there are plenty of animal lovers from posting to different boards here so I thought I would share.

http://www.beyondthemythmovie.com/screenings.shtml

Have a great weekend.
imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~

Re: Beyond the Myth

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! I am a big pitbull advocate, my brother has raised them for years so it's something I take very personally. I volunteer with a pet rescue and will post this link on our website and facebook to spread the word. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_beyond-myth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:75c45c3e-2917-459e-89b2-8d5c7b25e038Post:d0fbbe80-a82c-41c6-8ef5-30ff1388015d">Re: Beyond the Myth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing! I am a big pitbull advocate, my brother has raised them for years so it's something I take very personally. I volunteer with a pet rescue and will post this link on our website and facebook to spread the word. :-)
    Posted by 1veryluckylady[/QUOTE]

You are welcome - I have a coworker going so hopefully a little education will get to one person?

What group to you volunteer with?  I volunteer with Columbus Dog Connection.

BTW you should check out the wedding month board fellow Sept 2011 bride.  :0)
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually on the Board of Directors for PetPromise, a group that specializes in bully breed rescue and adoption. I will be there!! Hope a lot of you come! 

Kelly
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I volunteer with A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue. We are all breeds, dogs and cats. I've been working with them for years. I am on charge of updating our website. Woohoo lol

I have lurked around the Sept '11 board, just haven't posted anything :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_beyond-myth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:75c45c3e-2917-459e-89b2-8d5c7b25e038Post:ca0ffa40-3aee-4476-bc61-4f099158c636">Re: Beyond the Myth</a>:
    [QUOTE]I volunteer with A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue. We are all breeds, dogs and cats. I've been working with them for years. I am on charge of updating our website. Woohoo lol I have lurked around the Sept '11 board, just haven't posted anything :-)
    Posted by 1veryluckylady[/QUOTE]

Well you know where to find me...

BTW my fi was shocked that if we take our dog some places that do that idiotic check list to "identify a pit bull" our dog would be deemed a pittie....she is a boxador (boxer/lab)....NOW he gets why I care.
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • giggleflirtzgiggleflirtz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really upset that I wasn't able to attend yesterday.  I had all of the intentions in the WORLD to go (I have a 5 year old Pit Bull) but ironically enough, my boyfriend and I got wrapped up in looking at engagement rings! If there is anything that I can do from time to time to volunteer please let me know. Right now we are going through R.I.P.P. to become AKC Good Canine Citizen certified. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_beyond-myth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:75c45c3e-2917-459e-89b2-8d5c7b25e038Post:35cd3bd0-6fbf-4680-8731-bef0690137c4">Re: Beyond the Myth</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was really upset that I wasn't able to attend yesterday.  I had all of the intentions in the WORLD to go (I have a 5 year old Pit Bull) but ironically enough, my boyfriend and I got wrapped up in looking at engagement rings! If there is anything that I can do from time to time to volunteer please let me know. Right now we are going through R.I.P.P. to become AKC Good Canine Citizen certified. :-)
    Posted by giggleflirtz[/QUOTE]

There is a showing in Cincy at 7 on Friday....
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards