Ohio-Columbus

Beyond the Myth

Hey all....I don't post here MUCH because I am not getting married in Columbus, but I do live here.  So I lurk from time to time (thanks for the alteration suggestions).

Anyway if you are in town tomorrow there is a really neat video being shown called Beyond the Myth.  It's about Pit Bulls and Breed Specific Legislation.  I know there are plenty of animal lovers from posting to different boards here so I thought I would share.

http://www.beyondthemythmovie.com/screenings.shtml

Have a great weekend.
image image

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~

Re: Beyond the Myth

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! I am a big pitbull advocate, my brother has raised them for years so it's something I take very personally. I volunteer with a pet rescue and will post this link on our website and facebook to spread the word. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Beyond the Myth:
    Thanks for sharing! I am a big pitbull advocate, my brother has raised them for years so it's something I take very personally. I volunteer with a pet rescue and will post this link on our website and facebook to spread the word. :-)
    Posted by 1veryluckylady
    You are welcome - I have a coworker going so hopefully a little education will get to one person?

What group to you volunteer with?  I volunteer with Columbus Dog Connection.

BTW you should check out the wedding month board fellow Sept 2011 bride.  :0)
    image image

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I am actually on the Board of Directors for PetPromise, a group that specializes in bully breed rescue and adoption. I will be there!! Hope a lot of you come! 

Kelly
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I volunteer with A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue. We are all breeds, dogs and cats. I've been working with them for years. I am on charge of updating our website. Woohoo lol

I have lurked around the Sept '11 board, just haven't posted anything :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I volunteer with A.D.O.P.T. Pet Rescue. We are all breeds, dogs and cats. I've been working with them for years. I am on charge of updating our website. Woohoo lol I have lurked around the Sept '11 board, just haven't posted anything :-)
    Posted by 1veryluckylady
    Well you know where to find me...

BTW my fi was shocked that if we take our dog some places that do that idiotic check list to "identify a pit bull" our dog would be deemed a pittie....she is a boxador (boxer/lab)....NOW he gets why I care.
    image image

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • giggleflirtzgiggleflirtz
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really upset that I wasn't able to attend yesterday.  I had all of the intentions in the WORLD to go (I have a 5 year old Pit Bull) but ironically enough, my boyfriend and I got wrapped up in looking at engagement rings! If there is anything that I can do from time to time to volunteer please let me know. Right now we are going through R.I.P.P. to become AKC Good Canine Citizen certified. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I was really upset that I wasn't able to attend yesterday.  I had all of the intentions in the WORLD to go (I have a 5 year old Pit Bull) but ironically enough, my boyfriend and I got wrapped up in looking at engagement rings! If there is anything that I can do from time to time to volunteer please let me know. Right now we are going through R.I.P.P. to become AKC Good Canine Citizen certified. :-)
    Posted by giggleflirtz
    There is a showing in Cincy at 7 on Friday....
    image image

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards