Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Green and Brown for a November Wedding?

I am getting married 11/11, and had originally decided on an orange and brown color scheme.  For some reason, orange was the first color that had come to mind when my fi and I started discussing colors, and we stuck to it...  But now that i'm deeper into the planning, i'm having a hard time falling in love with the orange.  I've always LOVED the idea of doing brown and green, but it seems more spring/summer to me.  Would it be weird to do a brown and green wedding in the fall?  Looking for opinions! Thanks!

Re: Green and Brown for a November Wedding?

• Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have always seen brown and green as Fall colors...haha! I mean, obviously if you are thinking like a neon or lime green it may be more springy, but with the right shade it could definitely be more fall. I think you could easily do brown and green with orangey accents if you still want to incorporate orange...that would look nice!
  • kdischingerkdischinger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking Moss Green and Chocolate Brown... That can be fall, right?  And yes!  I thought maybe we could pop some orange in there!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally! Moss green and chocolate would be perfect for fall!
  • mand0114mand0114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love it! My sister just got married this past 11/13/10 & their colors were green and chocolate brown. It was actually a brighter green (i think called Grass?) It was so pretty! That was the day of that first big snow storm --- and the green and brown looked really pretty against the white!!
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Bimbi!  I think those colors are perfect for fall!
  • edited December 2011
    We did orange, brown, and purple (stephjeremywedding.weebly.com).  

I think moss green and chocolate brown would look great, too!
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds fantastic to me!  I loved getting color inspiration from blogs like "The Perfect Palette" and "Snippet and Ink"... I know I've seen a lot of cool brown and green palettes on there!
  • edited December 2011
    Moss green and chocolate brown are great for fall!
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree... great for fall.

My wedding was in October of last year and we did green, orange, and plum. The green we used was kind of a chartreuse color--- somewhere between lime green and moss green. It worked perfectly for fall.

If you tuck a few burnt orange accents in, your color scheme will scream fall :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I like those colors. But you could have pink with purple polkadots - it's your and FI's wedding so do what works for you both!
    Anniversary
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say pick any colors that you want-- it doesn't matter what season it is. We're getting married in July and our BMs are wearing brown. Go with what you love!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards