Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

T.G.I.F.

Rants? Raves?

If someone wants to do an "ask me anything" start it up!

Re: T.G.I.F.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I hate my job.  Ok, I lied. I love my job on a day-to-day basis, but I hate how much fricking drama and "shh don't tell them" BS there is.  You'd think I was working with junior high students; sadly, I'm the youngest person in the office.

Rave: Finally talked to my dad about money stuff.  He said "whatever you want is fine" (we were debating adding another dinner option, but it would've been $5 more pp, so I was a little leery.) 

And, my little brother (he's 15) just signed up for an intensive baseball camp in Minneapolis, since my family lives 3 hours away, he's going to spend the next 6 weekends with FI and I! Even though I have to drive an hour or so to meet my dad every weekend, I'm super excited to have him stay with us!
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel about the Jr. High feeling, I'm also the youngest in our office, by about 20 years, and it's amazing how much drama there is!

Rant: I'd really like to know where the heck we'll be living after we get married, there are way too many unknowns right now for the planner in me! Agh! I wish FI could get an awesome job that he loves!

Rave: Shower tomorrow, should be lots of fun! Now if we just had a place to put the presents!
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph, I almost posted this exact same rant the other day just to get it off my chest. You'd think that the person I'm dealing with is a 13 year old girl and not a 31 year old man!!! I thought getting a "real" job meant I'd be working with actual adults, but apparently I was wrong!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TGIF, for sure.  This week has been eternal, and going out for drinks with friends yesterday made it feel like Friday.

Rant:  my job is so completely stupid.  My office reorganized a couple months ago, and the workloads are so out of whack for most people, and others (like me) are sitting there with nothing to do, or at least nothing important we want to deal with.  Pretty much everyone around me is drowning in work that I could help them with, but I'm not allowed to pitch in since I'm no longer on their team.  I could just strangle management and the moron supervisor who devised this whole thing.  You'd think 8 hours spent mostly online would be lovely, but it's so freaking boring.

Rave:  a whole 2 days ahead of me to watch old movies and start making BM and FG jewelry so it doesn't sneak up on me as a giant glaring "to do" item in 6 months when I don't have the time for it.

Bonus:  a large chunk of my jewelry supplies will be free since I've finally filled my punch card at Bead Monkey after 3 years.  All those large Swarovski crystals will be free, or at least a good number of them will.  I'm heading over on my lunch break to pick up all the stuff so I can start it tonight.  I just hope the dog doesn't try to eat any of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_tgif-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:d4631129-faaf-48b3-b923-c1c5735e46dePost:ca10d10f-855a-4d4c-b344-0f3be5f23b98">Re: T.G.I.F.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rant: I'd really like to know where the heck we'll be living after we get married, there are way too many unknowns right now for the planner in me! Agh! I wish FI could get an awesome job that he loves! !
    Posted by laura_fett@hotmail.com[/QUOTE]

I am right there with you! With all the planning I'm doing and not having that figured out yet I have been stressed to the max!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  Yesterday I got a call from Mayo Clinic (basically my dream place to work) and they wanted to interview me!! Of course right after I accept another job! Grrrrrr.....but on the other hand it would have been hard having FI working in St. Paul and me in Rochester.  But I couldn't believe they called, I got turned down from every other job I applied to there and haven't applied to anything there in probably 6-8, so it takes them forever to get back to someone.  

Rave:  My FI is awesome, I had to make a quick trip to MN yesterday (going back to SD today) and he packed 20+ boxes last night! I love that guy! (I should probably marry him Wink)

Also, bringing my 9 y.o brother back to SD with me for a week! Can't wait!  
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant: I have a section of the CPA exam to take tomorrow at 7am... have to be there by 6:30... not really sure my brain can function that early.  Also, this will be the second time taking this section ... missed passing the first by 2 points...UGH however, I have not put in adequate time to restudy the material and I am concerned I have forgotten many details... :(
    Also, as a PP said....not knowing where the heck we will live after the wedding is stressin me out!!  (depending on if/where FI gets a job after he finally finishes school :) )

Rave: After the test we are heading up to Alexandria for FI's whole family (50ish people) getaway at a bunch of cabins, so that will be relaxing.  It's FI's birthday today and mine on Tuesday, so I am glad to be doing something fun together for them!

Also, although I know my dad is probably sad for the day I finally move out (especially after losing my mom last November) but last night he made a very generous suggestion....tapping into my inheritance from my grandpa to help pay for a down payment on a house for FI & I instead of wasting money paying rent somewhere and trying to save for a downpayment.  I almost cried when he suggested this!! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kayla- That made me teary eyed reading what your dad said! That's so cool! Plus, I love not paying rent, paying into our mortgage is 100xs better! :)

Rant: I'm stuck answering phones at work today because of an all office meeting and since I'm an intern, I was the one elected to stay back.

Rave: I'm going to my grandma's cabin up north with the hubby and our dog. Tomorrow we are meeting up with my dad to watch the pig races. It will be such a nice relaxing weekend with loved ones :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TGIF everyone!!!

Rant: I'm doing orthopedics this month at the Naval Academy - and because it's "plebe" (1st yr cadets) summer they have morning sick call for all of the injured 1st yr cadets come through at 6am - being in at 6am isn't so bad, its that it's 1.5 hrs away from where I live, so I have had to wake up uber early.

Rave: I'm LOVIN' it at the Naval Academy, the cadets are all really high-charging cool kids which makes it a ton of fun to treat them :-) Also, my custom zazzle stamps just came in - love it! Now I just have to get my butt going on the actual invites!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_tgif-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:d4631129-faaf-48b3-b923-c1c5735e46dePost:5db985ff-45ba-4616-b6e4-fc1b8f9f4385">Re: T.G.I.F.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kayla- That made me teary eyed reading what your dad said! That's so cool! Plus, I love not paying rent, paying into our mortgage is 100xs better! :) Rant: I'm stuck answering phones at work today because of an all office meeting and since I'm an intern, I was the one elected to stay back. Rave: I'm going to my grandma's cabin up north with the hubby and our dog. Tomorrow we are meeting up with my dad to watch the pig races. It will be such a nice relaxing weekend with loved ones :)
    Posted by veijes[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">I know!! That's the biggest issue, as I am sure it is for most people getting a house...is .having that big chunk of money saved up!  Especially with FI still in school and not able to save much!  I love my dad! 

And ps...don't ya just LOVE bein the intern sometimes?! blah!  I don't miss having that "intern" lable!</font></strong> 
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards