Ohio-Columbus
Options

Columbus Zoo?

Has anyone had any experience with weddings at the Columbus Zoo? I'm looking at the Water's Edge Pavilions that line the Scioto in a few days. I'm hopeful because of the great scenery, but a little unsure about what the food is like and how attentive to detail the zoo event staff might be.

Re: Columbus Zoo?

• Options
    meganaymeganay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding there, but have been to a fundraising event.  The locations are beautiful and the event seemed well run.  Staff was available and attentive.  The food was ok, not bad but nothing special...sort of standard catered fair (the event had a buffet).  

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, it does! Of course I want the food to be good, but food isn't a high priority for us compared to the great scenery back there.

Not sure if you would've encountered this, but I believe the Pavilions are heated and can be closed off for bad weather, right?
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not personally been to a wedding there but my friend just attended one this summer.  I dont' know all the details but she loved that they brought animals into the reception.  She also commented how great it was that guests had the opportunity to walk aound the zoo while the bridal party took pictures.  She said it was one of the best weddings she had been to in a while.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    erikadiehlerikadiehl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I considered the Zoo as well but I work in the wedding industry and had heard their food isnt very good and you cant taste it until like Feb. when it is too late to change your mind. My other concern was if it was raining how would all of your guests get across the zoo? Waters edge is in the back of the zoo and you have to walk all the way through to get there. I know you can rent carts but then my other worry was then do you still have to pay for the carts if it doesnt rain? Just some things to consider!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards