Ohio-Columbus
Options

Venues with time restrictions

Hi Ladies!! My fiance and I have been looking at locations for the wedding and reception (we are planning on doing it all at 1 location). It seems like most places have a 5 hour limit. That seems so incredibly short for the ceremony and reception. We are planning on having an open bar and it just seems like the party would just be getting started by the time everyone was done eating dinner. Does anyone know of any places that allow alcohol and allow for longer times? Most places we've looked at allow for additional hours, for a fee of course. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venues with time restrictions

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I am doing both my ceremony and reception at The Loft at Smith Brothers.  We did get it for 5 hours however, the ceremony will be about 30 minutes, and we plan on doing 90% of pics prior to the ceremony so after we only have to take a short time after the ceremony for some more.  We plan on dinner/ dessert taking around an hour then nothing but the party!  An idea that I would suggest is to book a hotel that also has a bar in it, that way the party can continue after the reception.  We booked rooms at the new Hilton downtown and they will have a bar to accomodate us after our 5 hours is up!  I was initially worried about the time limit too but I feel as though 5 hours is plenty! Good luck!
  • Options
    I take that back, we have the venue for 6 hours :), I do believe that's their standard time.
  • Options
     A lot of the more budget friendly places seem to have fewer time restrictions (Olde Gahanna Sanctuary and the Westerville VFW come to mind).  Our was for 5 hours, but we had the option of adding time for like $200/hr which is what we did.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    La Scala has no time limit except when they close. They do offer weddings there too, but it might be a bit weird to have your wedding at a restaurant. :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    We are using the Olde Gahanna Sanctuary as Jenna already mentioned. You have the place from 8am-midnight for a flat rate of like $1000/day. You can also add friday for only $500 more. Thats what were doing so that we can use it as the rehearsal dinner space as well. Plus they let us bring in our own catering and alcohol so it was a win-win budget wise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards