Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Plymouth Creek Center question!

Hi all!

So I am planning my may 2014 wedding from afar up in fargo and out top choice venue is Plymouth Creek center and the garden there for the ceremony. 
My question is, since I am not a Plymouth resident, what are the chances that we will actually be able to get this as our venue?

We also like Elm Creek Park, however they say to reserve elm creek the first week of January and we cannot book plymouth creek until May (one year out only).

Any Advice? 

Re: Plymouth Creek Center question!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_plymouth-creek-center-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:e91c6ccf-14d6-49a1-b65d-bd65c7ad24ffPost:ab3803ef-ca66-4869-9c73-ecf6ee7030d6">Plymouth Creek Center question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all! So I am planning my may 2014 wedding from afar up in fargo and out top choice venue is Plymouth Creek center and the garden there for the ceremony.  My question is, since I am not a Plymouth resident, what are the chances that we will actually be able to get this as our venue? We also like Elm Creek Park, however they say to reserve elm creek the first week of January and we cannot book plymouth creek until May (one year out only). Any Advice? 
    Posted by MissBeccaMN[/QUOTE]

How far in advance can Plymouth residents book Plymouth Creek Center? You might consider calling them now and asking if your date is booked. If so, then book Elm Creek in January.

Another option...do you know anyone who lives in Plymouth who would be willing to book on your behalf if you paid for it?

What is the cancellation fee for Elm Creek? If it was me and these were my top 2 venue choices, I would probably book Elm Creek in January (to ensure I had a place) assuming that their cancellation fees were not too steep. If Plymouth was available at the time you are allowed to reserve it, I would book there and cancel Elm Creek.
  • It looks like Plymouth residents can book 18 months out and non-residents can book 12 months out.  That means that Plymouth residents can already book for May 2014.  I would just check what their availability is and decide from there. 
  • I'm a Plymouth resident and even I had a hard time getting my first choice date at the PCC.

Definitely try!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards