Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Suggestions for venues?

I am getting married in 6 months and venues are filling up in the Twin Cities!  I am looking for a small, intimate venue for my ceremony and reception.  There will only be about 30 people there and I am driving myself crazy! Has anyone had a small wedding  and can suggest anything? It will be in May so too cold to do an outdoor.
Thanks!

Re: Suggestions for venues?

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Como Conservatory's Sunken Garden and it would be perfect for a group that size!  Dates may be tough this soon but you may get lucky.
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into doing everything at a restaurant? I know the Loring Pasta Bar does weddings, and the place is pretty gorgeous so you wouldn't really have to decorate.

I know there are a handful of mansions around the metro that we looked into that were a just a bit too small for our 75 or so guests, so maybe something like that would work for you. Sorry, I don't remember any of the names but I'd bet you could find some by Googling "minneapolis st paul mansion wedding" -- HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the Happy Gnome in St. Paul. They have an awesome upstairs space.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You have a ton of cool restaurant options - W.A. Frost, Cafe Lurcat, Forepaughs, Heartland - really with a group that size, almost any restaurant/mansion venue works.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You could look at Bed & Breakfasts. I know of a few in Stillwater who have hosted weddings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards