Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Band and Flowers Recommendations?

I would like to have a variety band for our reception.  Do you have any recommendations for bands you've seen at weddings or used for your wedding?  

Also, I've heard good things about getting flowers from the farmers market.  I like the idea of that, but some family members have flower allergies so I would have to be very particular about which flowers to get so I am thinking a florist will be better.  Let me know if you have recommendations for a florist or other ideas for ceremony and reception flowers. 

Any input would be a wonderful help. Thanks!

Re: Band and Flowers Recommendations?

• I highly recommend Big Toe and the Jam!! They are a 10 piece band that does amazing upbeat music, and my guests raved about them. We had SO much fun!! If you go to weddingwire, I reveiwed them there, and you can read my whole review, but seriously, they were amazing and worth every penny. They worked with me to create the setlist of my dreams, and I was dancing my butt off all night!

For flowers, I used Anna Stokes with Bumblebee Floral. She was awesome! She was fun to work with, totally got my vision, and my bouquet was AMAZING to the point that it was the first thing I got teary eyed about on my wedding day. :)

Links to both websites in my bio under Vendors.
  • I used Flowers by Gary.  He owns the hair salon I go to but started out as a floral designer.  His stuff is super reasonable! 
  • I cannot say anything but amazing things about Lisa and her company forget me not floral and events. Her prices are fantastic she is amazing, I would call her or email her at least.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • www.gigmasters.com is a good site for checking out bands and musicians. You can hear their music samples online, and they list prices and reviews. We found our reception band on their web site...and thought it was great as it saved us a lot of footwork.
  • Check out this  link.  There are band and florist recommendations.  GOOD LUCK!
    http://wedding.theknot.com/local-wedding-vendors/minnesota-weddings.aspx
  • Jeni at Simply Stated Elegance is great to work with.  Super affordable and came up with a bunch of different ideas.  I would check er our...www.simplystatedelegance.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards