Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

FLIP BOOKS!?!?!?!?!???

Sorry for my extreme excitement, but I think these are the coolest things ever!!  We were going to have a photobooth at our wedding, but I sorta ran into this company online while searching for one, and its awesome!  Its like those flip books we had as kids that you flip through the pages super fast and its like 60 pictures that look like they are moving as you go through them.  Its seven seconds of motion.  You can customize the cover of the book with whatever you want, they take about the same time as photobooth (about a minute and a half to shoot, print, and staple) and the guy says they average about 50 an hour.  Its about the same price as a photobooth.  I think this sounds super fun and I can see my guests having a blast with this at the reception!

My only concern is I haven't heard anything about this guy or his company before.  They are the only company that seems to do this in all of MN or WI.  So I thought I would turn here and see if any of you have heard of him.  The company is called Flip Book Fun, LLC and the owner is Jon.  Any reviews?

And also, do you think would be as much of a hit as a photobooth?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Re: FLIP BOOKS!?!?!?!?!???

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about the company, but this is a really great idea, especially if they can be assembled so quickly. I think it'd actually be more fun than a photo booth.   Would the guests get a flip book as well as you and your FI?
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, thats the lame part, and one of the draws of a photobooth.  It would take too much time for two copies to be made, and honestly, I'm not sure Id want two hundred flipbooks of my guests lying around.. haha.  We are thinking maybe about doing both, since we will have so many guests, and each might appeal to a different crowd.  Plus I do like the idea of doing our guest book with the second photobooth strip.

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea, but not worth it if the guests don't get to take one home (you're not gonna want them, like you said). And it would kind of suck if there were like 3 or 4 people in a book, but only one got to keep it. 

I do love the flip books, though!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_flip-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:f4f4233b-c84b-48f2-894f-0f79919a7affPost:09617a4a-ff09-489d-8797-8aec31279a78">Re: FLIP BOOKS!?!?!?!?!???</a>:
    [QUOTE]And it would kind of suck if there were like 3 or 4 people in a book, but only one got to keep it.  
    Posted by debbieupper[/QUOTE]

<div>I never thought if this.  That would kinda suck.  I'm sure they could print more than one, but it would probably diminish time effectiveness. Hmm..</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very cool idea- I have not heard of those! Please keep us updated with what you find out!
  • edited December 2011

I saw this on TLC's Four Weddings ago and it looked like a huge hit! If you can find a way to work around the drawbacks stated above, I say go for it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cascasbaby53Cascasbaby53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never heard of that before. That is a great price! Is that all you have to pay, or do you have to pay for the supplies in addition to the $50 per hour?
  • They did exist as Of a few years ago in MN. I was engaged a few years ago and went to a some wedding shows and at one of the shows I was at, they had a flipbook photo booth vendor. I have only seen it at one show and only have seen one local vendor doing it and now cannot remember the companies's name. I never got married myself at the time but have since wanted to just organize info and ideas in case I ever did finally:) but yes they are the coolest thing and I saw one local vendor with those, so if anyone happens to remember the company name please post here!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards