Ohio-Columbus

Vendor Response

I've a general question and thought I'd ask the local knotties for their knowledge and experience.

I'm curious about vendors.  How long does it take for them to get back to you when you've emailed?  I am curious to know if I'm being impatient as I wait or if its legitimate.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Response

• edited December 2011
    My photographer got back to me the same day.  However I did run in to some vendors that never responded, cake and florist and some florist the took a couple of days to respond.  Which I was actually getting impatient with because I figured if they do this as thier business and they really want my business I would think it would be important to them to get back to me by at least the next day.  However I did go with the florist that took a couple of days to get back to me because I found out that they both had full time jobs and do this on the side and they were amazing with awesome prices.  I would say trying calling them too, I always worry that my email might go in a spam folder or something.
  • edited December 2011
    Along the same lines of the PP, it may depend on whether or not they are full time for what you are looking for.  The gal I'm getting invites from, my wedding planner and my videographer are all very busy folks (one-gal-at-home-printing buisness, wedding planning on the side, student videographer), so I usually don't hear back from them for 5-7 days.  But I'm getting a steal for some good work.  Usually, if I don't hear back from them at the week mark, I'll send another brief email ("I know you're really busy, but just wanted to see if you got my last message...").  My photog, however, I know this is his one and only thing, so I'll usually hear back from him in a day or two.  

I wouldn't hesistat to send a follow up email after like day 5.  I don't think they'd usually take offense to this.  I know I've let work emails slip by me for a few days on accident when things get really busy, and I don't mind reminder emails.  I'm sure this happens to them too.

Good luck!

• BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes the same day, sometimes a couple.
    If it has only been a couple days I would not worry yet.  People get busy.  If it is has been a week or more I would be getting annoyed for sure.  It is possible they could have gone on vacation but you would think they would have set their out-of-office message if that was the case.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I didn't want to cast them aside without proper patience.  Each time I've emailed I've had to wait at least a week max (usually a few days after that) and it always follows with an apology and how it usually doesn't take that long to respond.  Also, I have their facebook page added and it's been updated 5 times since my email has been sent but still no response.  Patience is wearing a little thin.

*Forgive me for the edit, I decided to make it more general so not to pinpoint any specific vendor in case I've mentioned a preference in the past.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean about vendors taking awhile to respond.  A certain vendor of mine always takes 2 emails from me before they respond, and it is frustrating!  I would be annoyed as well if you see they have been on the computer and updated something, but have no gotten to you yet, It isn't fun to feel like you aren't a priority to them.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most vendors responded to my emails (or phone calls) within 2 days, but a couple took as long as 5 days.
    A
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards