Ohio-Columbus
Options

Bridal shower venues?

I am planning a bridal shower for my sister who is getting married in December. I just moved back to Columbus recently, so I really don't have too many ideas on where to have it. I would love to find something cute and fun for a Sunday afternoon. I don't think it will be more than 30 people and possibly less. Do you girls have any ideas?

Re: Bridal shower venues?

• Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower was at the Dublin Rec Center, and it was wonderful.  My sister planned it, and wrote a review of the space on my planning bio. There are also some pictures of the shower so you can get an idea of the space.  If you are interested, here is the link: Bridal Shower Review

The rental fees are less expensive if you live in Dublin or live in the Dublin City School district, so we had my aunt, who lives in the school district, be the one who signed the contract, so that is something to keep in mind.  Good luck!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently went to a friends bridal shower at Lindy's in German Village! It was great! It was a brunch the food was awesome, the staff was great and they were very helpful. The only downfall was it was on the patio and it  was sort of hot, but since you are having it in Dec. you should not have to worry about that! :) I also seen the other rooms and they were really nice! I think it may be sort of expensive though. But the perk about having it there was that her sister and mom didnt have to worry about anything the staff took care of everything they even cut the cake and brought it to all of the guests while she was opening her gifts!  Her family could focus on her and their guest! :) 

hope this helps! Good luck!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    altima703altima703 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister hosted my shower down at Sushi Rock - it was a very "cool" venue
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you know anyone who lives in a condo or has an apt with a clubhouse that you can rent out?

My shower was held in a family friends condo clubhouse in Hilliard. I would say I had about 40 people there. The rental fee was really cheap, like $40 and we had it all day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower was at the Westerville Rec Center in the Maple room. We also looked at the Everal Barn, but it was booked. It is also in Westerville. Also check out the Worthington Inn. I've been to a shower there and it was really nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Marcellas in the Short North will open early if they have a guarenteed number of guests. They don't open until 4 p.m. to the general public but they do bridals showers/b-parties, etc. all the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridal shower was at Scali's in Reynoldsburg. They're family friends that have done many of our family's First Communion, Confirmation, and Graduation parties, so it was special to have my shower there. Good homemade Italian food, intimate locale, and good service. We had it on a Sunday when the restaurant was closed. but for groups smaller than 50, they have a more private room that can be used during restaurant hours if you want to do it on a Saturday.

We had our rehearsal dinner at DeepWood downtown, and they have a private room for smaller groups (we had to use the whole restaurant but we looked at the private space). Very good local/natural food, good service, and flexible. Came up with menu cards and centerpieces at no charge and let me bring in a groom's cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards