Ohio-Columbus

Remembering my mom

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for remembering my mom at the wedding. She passed away four years ago and she never got to meet my fiance. I want to do something unique, and more than just put her in the program. Any ideas?

Re: Remembering my mom

• edited December 2011
    How about a photo montage?  A burning candle during the ceremony and reception?  Playing a song that was special to her in some way??  
  • edited December 2011
    I got a vase on orientaltrading.com that is a memorial vase and I was going to have my florist put a red rose in there for each of my fiances family members that cannot be there and for each of my family memeber that cannot be there.  I also thought about having a picture of each of them on the table beside it.  However in you case you could put your moms favorite flower or the number of flowers for the number of years you had together or you could just fill it with flowers dedicated to her.  Think of something that she expecailly loved or her favorite song or favorite anything  and you can incorporate it into you wedding.  You could play her fav song during the ceremony, pin somethin she made or gave you under your dress, my cousin place a rose on the isle seat where her dad would have been sitting, have someone read her favorite poem, or you could wear her jewlery.  Just some ideas.
  • emanosemanos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rather than giving favors, you could make a donation to a cause in her honor.  there are some cute examples on the knot.

also, since your bouquet will be with you all day your florist could put a little picture of your mom on a mini frame or locket and attach it to the bouquet.

I love the idea of a photo montage with pictures of you and your mom.  For a more intimate experience you could always show it at the rehearsal dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    you could also wear your mothers pearls, or some other piece of jewelry... you could weave a part of her wedding dress into your bouqet or pin it to the inside of your dress....
  • edited December 2011
    you could put a flower on the seat in which she would set at your ceremony
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards