Missouri-Kansas City

Suggestions on Caters?

We are looking to keep costs minimal and are beginning the hunt for a cater.  If you have used any that you were great or horrilbe, please let me know.  I could use some help on which company to look at!  If you know about how much they charge, that would be helpful as well.

THANKS!

Re: Suggestions on Caters?

• edited December 2011
    I used Hyvee and they are very reasonable with lots of options.  We had a lot of compliments on our food.  If you use them for food, cake and flowers you get a discount.  I only used them for food and cake since my flowers were already done.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree and think you should check out Hy-Vee.  I am using the one at 119th and Ridgeview in Olathe, and I really like the catering manager.  We are getting rolls and butter, caesar salad, green beans almondine, roasted potatoes, herb roasted chicken, and bbq brisket for $8.99 per person.  That was the most reasonable pricing I came across.  The food was also delicious when we tried it.  Good luck!
  • momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have some great suggestions for caterers.  E-mail me at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com for the info!

HTH!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    What is your budget? 

We went with Delish! and love their concepts....we went in with a budget of about $20pp

That might now help much...
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Cathy Nall with Cathy's Catering.  Very reasonable!  And lot's to choose from.  Ranges from $8-40/head.  We chose 3 options at $9 per person.  Cake was very reasonable at $1.25 per serving. 
  • edited December 2011
    We used Terrace Catering and were very happy. Prices were very reasonable!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Hy-Vee! :-)
  • sarahnhendrixsarahnhendrix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Delish! caters. The owner is wonderful! She catered a private party I was at on Saturday and the food was fantastic. I stopped her to tell her I loved these mini cupcakes (tiny strawberry numbers rolled in sugar and topped with cream cheese frosting!!) she was serving and would like to get her info for my own wedding. She met me at the end of the night with a take home box of cupcakes! It was very sweet. Her food is wonderful. Check out the website and you will see it is pretty as it is tasty!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards