Missouri-Kansas City

BRIDAL SALONS

Im shopping for my gown and asking you if your pleased with the service you have received can you recommend it to me. My first appointment will be at The Elegant Bride in Kansas City/Liberty. I will let you know how it went.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BRIDAL SALONS

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Mia's, Gown Gallery, and Bridal Extrodinairre.  I loved Gown Gallery's service the best, but ended up getting my dress at Mia's because I got a discount and it was more convenient.
  • s500953s500953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Solutions and Tailor in Lee's Summit and had a great experience! It was my first time dress shopping and I bought from them. I also have been to Bridal Extraordinaire and Gown Gallery for bridesmaid dresses. Gown Gallery can become a little pushy and they will follow through. Bridal Extraordinaire provided great service without becoming pushy. They even called a designer the next day with my question about a change on a dress. They seemed to go the extra mile. Hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Mia's and I have absolutely loved my experience. Clair (my consultant) was AMAZING!
    imageAnniversary
  • mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    edited December 2011
    I went to Altar Bridal, Bridal Extraordinaire, Mia's, Belle Vogue, and Bridal Solutions. I didn't have a bad experience at any of these.
    Altar didn't have the selection I was looking for and were a bit pricey but the girls were super nice and not pushy at all.
    Bridal Extraordinaire is the cutest cottage looking place, they have gorgeous dresses. They are a little pricey too but not all of the dresses. The girls were really nice and helpful, I'm planning on looking there at bridesmaids dresses.
    Mia's was a great experience, the ladies were so nice, I think Clair was my consultant too and I loved her. They have a ton of BM dresses also.
    Belle Vogue we went to bc it's new and my mom really wanted to check it out. They have a gorgeous little set-up and have dresses at every price range from what I saw.
    I got my dress from Bridal Solutions. I actually went there specifically for one dress they had shipped in for me to try on. They are extremely nice, Olivia is my consultant. They also have a good selection of BM dresses.
  • yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    edited December 2011

WOW, Mia's must know what they are doing. Everyone has spoken highly of them. I need to add them to my list. I'm looking to spend no more than 1500.00........hopefullyUndecided.

What about Group USA out and the Great Mall? I saw an ad in the newest Brides magazine this weekend adverstising gowns.

Keep them coming and Thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_bridal-salons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:0827eb5c-4006-4200-94e3-a56931f86563Post:9785b999-2b01-4588-a39d-f7543b86696c">Re: BRIDAL SALONS</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW, Mia's must know what they are doing. Everyone has spoken highly of them. I need to add them to my list. I'm looking to spend no more than 1500.00........hopefully . What about Group USA out and the Great Mall? I saw an ad in the newest Brides magazine this weekend adverstising gowns. Keep them coming and Thanks.
    Posted by yogiebhill[/QUOTE]

Group USA has some dresses that are inexpensive compared to bridal salons.  I stopped by there one day because I don't work too far from there and was not impressed with many of the dresses and no one came over to help me, so I didn't try anything on.
  • mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    edited December 2011
    $1500 was my cap and l found dresses at each place I named (except for Altar) for well under that!
  • taraclayt1taraclayt1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you have already went to The Elegant Bride, but that is where I purchased my dress. Overall I would give them a B+ as they did have a good selection of dresses. I didn't have a FABULOUS bridal experience however. The girl I had was new and couldn't find any of the dresses I wanted to try on, I had to find them on the rack, and we had a miscommunication regarding alterations. In the end I got my dream dress and I was very happy, and I do reccomend them to all brides. I just like to make sure brides who are looking for that "say yes to the dress" moment understand that you may not get that here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Elegant Bride, got my dress there very reasonably and the ladies are VERY nice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Davids Bridal- not impressed.
    Gown Gallery- my consultant was great and was very patient. She did a great job giving me lots of options and she listened to what I did and didn't like about each dress I tried on. I would recommend going on a week day (mid morning) as the store was basically empty. I went back the second time to place my order during the afternoon and it was packed with people.
  • redroses5632redroses5632 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited Rosie's Bridal in Independence and Nolte's in Overland Park. I give Rosie's an F--the staff were pushy and rude. I went by myself to get my feet wet before I brought my entourage with me, and the saleswoman helping me pulled two huge (and very outdated, I might add) ballgowns and then left me in the dressing room for 20 minutes to dress myself so she could gossip with her coworker in the breakroom next to me. At the end of my appointment, her only interest was collecting her commission.

My next two appointments were at Nolte's, and they were awesome. The staff were very kind and helpful, and they had a great selection of gowns. I purchased my dress from their shop for 1/2 off because I bought a sample! I had my first fitting there a few weeks ago and had another great experience at Notle's. I highly recommend them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

201 Invited 12 Attending 6 Declined 183 Not Replied
    RSVP Date: October 1st

• mlewis85mlewis85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Rosie's in Independence, Emily Hart in Leawood, Amore in Lee's Summit, Ida's in Overland Park, Elegant Bride in NKC, and Bridal Mansion off Bannister Rd.

Rosie's -- unpleasant experience and poor selection of dresses.  She said they can order anything I find at another store but they weren't offering a discount or anything so I didn't see the point.  Plus, I got the feeling they couldn't care less about me, my order, or my wedding so I didn't want to waste my money.  The consultant didn't help me into the two dresses I tried on or even tell me her name.  However, my friend's sister in law bought her dress there so different strokes for different folks I guess.

Emily Hart -- their Maggie Sottero dresses are 20% off so I ended up purchasing my dress here.  For some reason they had her Spring 2011 sale on clearance so my dress was a steal!  Other than price, this place is so cute and my consultant Shari was the absolute sweetest.  Other consultants popped in to help and they were nice as well.  I like being able to pick my own gowns with a few suggestions thrown in and that's what I got here.  Everyone was very patient with me, super  helpful and I didn't feel any pressure.  They even held the dress I liked until end of business the next day to give me time to think it over.  I loved my experience so much that I recommended them to my friend who is (hopefully) getting engaged soon.

Amore -- very nice salon and the only other place besides Ida's that sells Saint Patrick.  Large selection of fit and flare gowns and a good range of sizes to try on.  I didn't find "the" dress here but it was still a great shopping experience.  Heather was super sweet.

Ida's -- it was a nice bridal salon but you can't peruse the dresses.  You describe your style and they bring dresses for you to try on.  I told them I liked fit and flare and she bought me ball gowns b/c that was what they had in my size for me to try on.  The one dress I actually liked there was not in my size to try on so I couldn't commit to a dress.   Cute flower girl dresses here though.

Elegant Bride -- they did not help me try on the dress.  The fitting room area was very small.  Selection was small as well.  Sizes were small.  It just wasn't a very "bridal" shopping experience lol  Consultant was nice but made no recommendations and was overall unhelpful.

Bridal Mansion -- this was the first store I went to for bridal gowns and I loved it.  The store is not easily marked and to be honest we were scared when we first went in but it's a really nice shop.  We were the only ones there so Tracy gave us her full attention.  She was also very informative and gave me the information I needed to help me figure out what kind of dress I liked.  Their selection is small but you can go through the gowns and pick what you want to try on.  Good range of sizes.  Also have dresses you can rent.

HTH!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies....for all of your opinions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE!!!!!!!

Guess what??? I did a drive by at Elegant Bride yesterday and saw signs they are going out of business!!!!! I made an appointment about a week ago for the 21st and no one informed of the store closing.

Anyway, I lucked up and found both my gown and headpiece for under $500!!!  I can't believe the deal I got.

I'm so happy. Now I can focus on my bridesmaids' gowns.

Thanks Again to all my sister knotties for your advice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards