Missouri-Kansas City

WP Gifts

We're starting to look for what we are getting our Bridesmaids/Groomsmen as gifts for being in our wedding, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what is like an appropriate gift? I've never really been involved in a any other weddings, I'm the first of the bunch, so I don't know where to look.

What are you all getting your wedding party as gifts? 

Re: WP Gifts

• edited December 2011
    For my ladies I started out with some urban decay eyeshadow...I want to make a little gift basket/bag for them. I just don't know what else to get them. I was thinking jewelry for them to wear at the wedding.
    Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I think for the girls I'm going to get them pampering stuff - really good lotion, soap, things like that. There is an all-natural cosmetics store in Oak Park Mall that I might get some stuff at. We have no ideas for the guys.

A lot of people will tell you that the gifts should just be personal to that person, like you are shopping for their birthday.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm giving a gift card to diff places to each, then something more personal that I know they like. For my MOH, she basically ordered me to get a her a pink flask when it was time for me to get married so she will be getting that, another BM is getting a nice bottle of wine, and I haven't decided on the third, but it will prob be some home/entertainment related. I was going to do jewelry, but they all have diff styles and I felt bad trying to be really matchy matchy. I always feel like an inadequate gift giver, so it was hard for me to decide what to do.
  • edited December 2011

The best gift I received as a bridesmaid was a personalized picture frame. They were clear glass with space for a 4 x 6 photo. She had them etched with a personalized message for each BM. It was really personal and thoughtful. Plus the quality of the frame was really nice. This bride was very artsy, and she skecthed a drawing of herself with each BM and put that in the frame, but that was just an added bonus.

• edited December 2011
    For the bridesmaids I am thinking of getting them cute bags made with their initials on them.  Then in the bags I was going to put a pair of cute flip flops that they could wear later in the night if needed.  I also thought about earrings that they could wear for the wedding but also something they could wear to other events.  
  • edited December 2011
    I got my girls a mixture of things but I knew they would all love them - they all had similar tastes so I was lucky there. haha

I got them a Vera Bradley wristlet in a print that I knew they liked, Godiva chocolates, body scrub from Etsy (gave them as my way of asking them to a bm and they loved it) and wine glasses that were personalized with their initials.

For my MOH, she got those items and a Coach skinny wallet.

I just recommend getting them something you know they'll love. I got lucky that mine all liked the same things but just be sure they're all the same price. :)
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the girls all pin up girl totes from zazzle.com that kind of represent them. Inside there is a make up pouch filled with lotion, hand sanitizer, a nail file, a custom made pocket mirror, and lip glass.  I also got them a funny retro magnet with sayings that reminded me of them.  I got vintage looking frames and put a black and white photo of the 2 of us in there.  And each girl is also getting a gift unique to her.  They are all totally different people, so I got one a personalized margarita glass, one a 1940's camera b/c she collects them, one a beautiful necklace, and the last a jayhawks hoodie.  I can't wait to give them to them at the RD!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards