Missouri-Kansas City

Emporia?

Okay, I'm actually from Missouri, but I'm thinking about moving to Emporia to graduate school after the wedding - does anyone live in or near Emporia that could tell me a bit about it and answer some questions?

Thanks

Re: Emporia?

• edited December 2011
    I lived there for 4 years while I was in college. I have only been away for a year so I could probably answer some of your questions!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    would you consider it a large city?? Did you got to Emporia State? Did you enjoy it?  How are the jobs? I've been unemployed for 2 years because there's just no no jobs where I'm at now.   Did you rent an apartment? How much was rent?  Were there lots of things to do on weekends?  How's traffic? Is the city easy to navigate?

• edited December 2011

FI cousin lives in Emporia and I think that he really likes it. The rest of FI's family lives in Topeka. Topeka is an ok town but would not be my #1 choice of places to live.

Married since 5/21/2011
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    would you consider it a large city??  no-you certainly have access to everything you need but it isn't a large city
    Did you got to Emporia State? yes
    Did you enjoy it?  yes-I think overall ESU it a very friendly university and the professors, for the most part are very accommodating and easy to work with.
    How are the jobs? not great-but then again it depends on the field you want to work in. 
    I've been unemployed for 2 years because there's just no no jobs where I'm at now.  
    Did you rent an apartment? yes!
    How much was rent?  I rented a nice two bed 1 bath for $575/month. There are certainly cheaper and more expensive though.
    Were there lots of things to do on weekends?  Not too much (movies, bars, etc.) but Topeka and Lawrence are both fairly close if you wanted to leave on a Saturday or something.
    How's traffic? not too busy-pretty smooth
    Is the city easy to navigate? very!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards