Missouri-Kansas City

Hy-Vee Cake and Flowers

Hello!I've heard some mention of using Hy-Vee for catering, cake, and flowers, and wanted to know a little bit more about how people felt about it.  I'm getting married in downtown KC and we must use one of the venue's caterers, but cake and flowers are open, so I'm trying to think of the most economical but good way to do them.  I hear Hy-Vee is good and affordable.We're looking at limited flowers, and a cake with buttercream frosting rather than fondant, if that makes a difference.

Re: Hy-Vee Cake and Flowers

• susiejimsusiejim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my wedding in the fall and I'm going through the new Hy-Vee in Olathe for flowers, cake, & catering.  My best friend got married a couple of years ago and went through Hy-Vee for the catering and the food was amazing.  I am having two meat entree's and 3 sides for $9.00/person.  You just ccan't beat that!  And I've had the cake several times and it just seems to be the best all around.  I am also NOT doing fondant - it looks pretty but doesn't taste good.  The flower manager at my store has been really helpful - I've done back twice with more ideas and to see how much things would cost, etc.   Plus if you get the cake/catering/flowers at Hy-Vee they'll give you a 10% discount on all three! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards