Missouri-Kansas City

Wedding License-Jackson CO MO

Has anyone gotten their wedding license with Jackson County, MO? Was it a pain? Did you just go down to the city hall downtown? When do you do this? We are about 40 days out, can we go get it yet? What do you need to bring? I realize I can call down there, but was hoping for some tips to make the process easy and smooth. Thanks!!

Re: Wedding License-Jackson CO MO

• edited December 2011
      In Jackson County you can't get it until you are 30 days out. You need to bring picture ID where they can verify your identity including age, a copy of the divorce decree (If either you or your fiance are divorce) or death certified if you or your fiance is widowed.Also, if you don't want to go downtown they have another office for Jackson County if you didn't know,Recorder Of Deeds308 West KansasIndependence, MO 64050816-881-3198Some people hate the hassle of going downtown with parking and everything so that's just another option.
  • edited December 2011
    I think the license expires in 30 days, so don't get it yet.Here's a website with more information. http://www.co.jackson.mo.us/content/3277/3310/3356/3358/default.aspx#where
  • edited December 2011
    i just got our marriage license last week and it wasnt a pain at all! i went to the one on kansas st. in independence, mo (off noland road) got right in there, filled out the papers and left. the above posters are right- dont get it until its a little less than 30 days before your wedding (hope im sying that right) because if you dont get married and TURN IT IN within the 30 days its invalid and you gotta pay for a new one. its 50 dollars, and 10 for the extra license to change your name....your pastor or officiant needs to fill it out and turn it in by 30 days, or you can opt to turn it in yourselfcongrats!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is taken from a KC Weddings magazine I just got in the mail (I will just type it *exactly* as they have it):Kansas City CourthouseJackson County Records Department415 E 12th St, Room 104Kansas City, MO816-881-3199Hours 8:00a - 5:00p Monday through FridayAPPLICANTS MUST ARRIVE BY 4:45p (caps is mine)Identification: Driver's license, valid stat ID card, certified copy of birth certificate or passportCost: $48, CASH ONLY (caps by me)Notes: Both bride and groom must be present to apply. License expires 30 days from receipt of the license. Required by law to return license if unused. If previously married, must provide the date that marriage ended.HTH!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, PS:It's the exact same thing for the Independence Courthouse @ 308 W Kansas Ave, Suite 104Independence, MO 816-881-4608
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards