Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Affordable reception/ceremony site

Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive Kansas City site for a ceremony/reception, or two sites close together? We need to get the entire event done for less than $15,000 for 200 people. Yikes!I'm from KC but currently live in Minneapolis, so it's hard to plan from far away.Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Re: Affordable reception/ceremony site

• Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which part of KC? KCKS or KCMO or a suburb area (Overland Park, Lenexa, etc.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having the reception at Elk's Lodge in Blue Springs. It is a great price! I have a lot of really good vendors I can recommend for you ! Email me if you want a list and prices! brittanyathornton@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing everything at the Missin Theatre (Mission KS) its 4k on a sat for up to 350 guests, includes your bar and dj along w bartenders and set up clean up etc.  Its more of a laid back vibe and not super fancy but I really like it a lot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestsions! To answer the question as to which part of town I'm looking at, I'd prefer midtown or downtown, but I'd look in the suburbs, especially on the Kansas side, to save some money. I'm new to this, but the quotes I'm getting ar $12K to $16K for the reception, which is just too steep for our budget.
  • Options
    kcjc1kcjc1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Californos in Westport is the best deal. $48 bucks per person includes everything except cake, entertainment, and decorations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    stay away from the mission theatre.... the price is good but it's not worth all the problems! feel free to email me at meganj73@gmail.com for a list of complaints and issues previous brides have had.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards