Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Dress...decisions, decisions!

OK, so regardless of where our date winds up landing, I really need to get crackin' on my dress.  Since we're going pretty casual, I decided it would be fun to do something vintage and sort of 50's style.  Little did I know how hard that would be to find for someone who wears a size 24!  But I did find someone on Ebay who will custom-size it to my measurements, and can have it ready in time for even the Jan 2 date.  Can I just say first that I absolutely ADORE these people so far?  The name of the shop is Pink Purr, and I definitely recommend them if you're into vintage style.  Here's the dilemma:  I am torn between two dresses!  There's the Marilyn style, which is shown in a bunch of different colors, but can be made in white.  This one can be made to my size for $199.00:http://tinyurl.com/ygbokgwAnd, the Cat on a Hot Tin Roof style, actually shown in white in the pic.  It'll be $585.00 in my size:http://tinyurl.com/yjc3w5gThe price of both dresses are right within my $600 budget (obviously, the Marilyn leaves a whole lot more room there!), so that part isn't a concern.  Whichever one I choose, I plan on wearing pink and black dyed crinoline underneath to match our wedding colors.  I just can't freaking decide!!!  Input???
Photobucket

Best granddaughter ever: Everleigh Brielle, born 01.04.2012

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Dress...decisions, decisions!

• Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd one better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. i love your username. rent is my all-time favorite musical!! i like dress two better because of the sleeves...i'm going to strictly assume you're bustier here...it may help to a) keep you covered and b) keep your lady bits from moving and a grooving more than the rest of your body does when you're gettin' down on the dance floor. a few weeks back i was at a wedding where the bride wore a 50's-inspired dress. she said she went to bridal extraordinaire and looked in the bridesmaids dress section...it was a PHENOMENAL dress!! and well within your $600 budget. good luck!
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenifriend: thanks for the compliment on my user name!  I am a serious Rent-head, and I would die for Adam Pascal (Roger).  My FI just has to deal with the knowledge that, should Adam Pascal ever become single, he's just gonna get replaced...just kidding...I think. :)Yeah, I seriously think I'm going to go ahead with the second one.  It just seems more like something I would wear.  I think the first one is just a little too plain, and I keep coming back to the other one.  I think that's a good sign.  And I won't have to wear a strapless bra with that one.  I'm not OVERLY blessed in the boob area, but I still feel better if I'm not flopping out of my strapless!
    Photobucket

Best granddaughter ever: Everleigh Brielle, born 01.04.2012

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to DITTO you both.   RENT is great and I LOVE that 2d dress!!!   What a great find!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards