Missouri-Kansas City

Club 1000/Berg/Stowe...HELP!!!

OK I am desperate for anyones help!  My fiance and I have looked at 3 places for our wedding...we are looking for a venue to do both the ceremony and reception. Here is what we like/dont like about each of them...and some questions we have for anyone who has had/is having their wedding there....any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
CLUB 1000: Ceremony- using the SIXTH floor- do not like the aisle is short (ok its my one day of being a bride I want a longer aisle!) do not like all the white...white walls...pillars...chairs. Love the big open windows, lights, view of city. RECEPTION- using Club Kilo. LOVE LOVE the trendy/modern feel...the lightng, black and silver bar/furniture, love the flat screens...concered space too small or long and narrow...were havin around 175 people.

BERG- love the long aisle...and the overall feel/look. concerend w/. room flip and if where they block off the area w curtain for people to go is big enough whle room is being flipped...also concerend if its too small for everyone with mix of big round tables and cocktail tables.

STOWE- we would use 2nd floor ceremony and reception area. SO hard for me to tell because it is not finished. concerened with big pillars in ceremony area make it hard for people to see...also the windows/panes look bad....love the reception area and can envision it.

IF anyones has ANY comments about the above spaces I would LOVE to hear!! We are very overwhelmed and I can't decide!!!

Re: Club 1000/Berg/Stowe...HELP!!!

• Bugzy326Bugzy326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CORRECTION....ceremony would be on the THIRD FLOOR ON CLUB 1000
  • edited December 2011
    I too, was interested in all of those places, and in the end chose the 9th floor and rooftop at the Stowe building! In our opinion, it had the absolute best views, feel, and packages...they had everything we were wanting and more! I did not look at the 2nd floor, but I'm guessing it looks similar to the 9th. I visited Stowe last month and they told me they were replacing all of the windows, so that takes care of that concern! Did you take a look at the 9th floor? They have multiple flatscreens, projector, lantern lighting, HUGE space, etc.
  • Bugzy326Bugzy326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the 9th floor at the Stowe is not an option for us because they are completely booked for Saturdays next spring and summer....It was a very neat space though.
  • edited December 2011
    I can only give my opinion on one of them---but I went to a wedding at Club 1000 and was not impressed at all. It seemed very chaotic and unorganized in my opinion. I have also heard some really bad things about the owner. I've heard he's very hard to get a hold of and not a very nice person. 

2 other suggestions of places to also possibly look at---The Uptown Theater and the Scarritt Ballroom.
  • edited December 2011
    I just had some input on the Berg... I'm not doing a room flip unless it rains, but you may consider having an outdoor cocktail hour outside during the room flip if the weather is ok (I've seen people make the outside look nice w/tents and stuff, the pics are on the website).  My friend that got married at the Berg last September had ~175-200 w/no problem, although she said it was cozy (I wasn't able to attend). We originally planned on having about that many people, but the more we went on w/planning, the more we realized that we wanted a smaller wedding and are only inviting like 150.

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews at Club 1000, and it wasn't for us, but if you search this board (at the bottom) you can find the posts about it. I also see that a lot of people are going w/the Stowe Building, which I didn't check out b/c it wasn't finished, but it must be nice!

This was also really similiar to your last post...which is below on the same page, and a lot of people responded to that, so you may want to look there too.

• GreenDinosGreenDinos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Californos in Westport does ceremony/ reception and caters the food/ drinks and cuts the cake (and has a day-of planner for you.)
     I've heard so so things about club 1000- a lot of people having issues there.
    Uptown is another option- I just went to a reception there- it was ok. Maybe I'm baised but I think Californos is the most beautiful (i had my ceremony/ recepton there and they were SO great to work with.)
    If you really want it in KCMO I think the Cashew is another place that does weddings (a friend of mine used to be the wedding planner for them) and it's another cool urban space- parking may be an issue there though.
    Stowe building is pretty but really expensive I thought (but I could be mistaken). You might want to read the post called HISTORIC STOWE where people are complaining about them.
    Anniversary
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Club 1000, and it was wonderful! I had a much smaller guest list, however (around 60 people showed), and we stayed on one floor.

I just wanted to comment and say, yes, John from Club 1000 is a hard-a$$. At times he bothered me, but I'm kind of a hard-a$$ myself so I just brushed it off. I was definitely a much more easy-going bride than a lot of girls, I think. If you have a thick skin and the attitude that, regardless of what they do/say, no one can ruin your day, he's fine to deal with.

But, with such a big group, I might skip Club 1000 if I were you.

PS - The lobby did not smell like a sewar whenever I was there?

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I personally love hosting events at Club 1000 and Berg.  You may want to visit Fox 4 News about Stowe.  Best wishes to you in your planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards