Missouri-Kansas City

Photographer

I had a photographer, Alea Looney but then fell in love with her videos so now she is our videographer( she cannot do both)  So....now I am in need of a photographer with a modern edge.  We are now on a tight budget for this because I was not planning on doing both but have to make it happen.  I am looking for a packet under 1,500.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks girls.

Re: Photographer

• edited December 2011
    I used Monika at MonPhotography (monphotography.com) and would recommend her. She was great to work with and I think she has a definite modern edge. This is why I wanted to work with her. She was very open to me sending many inspiration pics leading up to the wedding, and she worked them in where possible.

She also is flexible with her packages. For $1500, we had Monika shooting all day and a second shooter for the ceremony and most of the reception, an engagement session and all images from the wedding. She also will edit 100 photos for you. Depending on what you are looking for, it can cost less or more, but I thought her packages were really reasonable.

I've posted some pictures further down the boards from my wedding, if that is helpful. 
  • edited December 2011
    Check with your videographer/ex-photographer.  Surely she knows of someone she can recommend.  We used Heather with Shutter Happy Studios and couldn't be happier but my package was more than $1500.  She does start lower though. http://www.shutterhappystudios.com  Good luck!  We didn't do a video and just had a friend do it but I wish we would have had a professional.
  • kccaseyskccaseys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer Briana Gray is awesome and has lots of photos of her own family by Alea. Her cheapest wedding package is $1500 and her priciest is $2600. Scott and I just had our engagement pictures taken this past weekend, and we had a great time with Briana and can't wait to get our pics back! shadesofgraykc.com

If you're still on the fence about Alea doing either photography or videography, a friend of mine does quality videography for a decent price. newemotionfilms.com

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards