Missouri-Kansas City

djs

i need some suggestions on djs. whose good/best for your money?

Re: djs

• chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using ProDJKC and I love them so far! Jenn (the owner) is super nice and helpful! I have heard really good things from other local brides.
    Good luck!
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using ProDJ KC as well.  Jenn has been really helpful and her insight has been very appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ProDj as well.  Super helpful and professional.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Micky King of SoundKing Productions. I haven't been to an event he DJ'd, but I attended an event where he provided the Karaoke and he is full of energy. He is also very reasonable. PM if you would like contact info.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Premier Sound. We met with about six different DJs before deciding on them (it's a husband and wife). They were the best priced, and weren't anoying lol.
  • JulieSmilesJulieSmiles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used All-4-U Entertainment. They were fantastic and significantly cheaper than most other Djs.
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Kirk Testorff with Dynamic Sounds. He played for a friend's wedding last year and I liked him a great deal, he charges $495 for 6 hours of playing time.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using AJ with Complete Music.  He came really highly recommended by a friend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Complete Music. Ted will be our DJ. We've met him at the Bridal Show and he is also the favorite pick for our venue when they have events :) Great price and awesome personality. Complete Music also offers videography (which we're also using) and photography (which we opted against).

I think this is an important decision as the DJ has the majority responsibility for entertaining the guests. My BFF had a horrible experience with hers - he messed up all the ceremony music, played "My Girl" twice in a thirty minute time period (only three hours of reception) and mispronounced their name ALL night - even after being corrected. This is exactly what we DON'T want to happen with ours :) So we put a little more thought into it than we originally planned.
  • christie4673christie4673 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Pro DJ KC too!  Since we are having an afternoon wedding we got a great discount.  When we told the planner at our venue she had only good things to say about Jenn.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards