Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Interfaith Officiant Suggestions?

I am brand new to the KC area and am hoping that someone might have some suggestions about an officiant or officiants who would be willing to do an interfaith ceremony. I am Catholic and my fiance is Jewish. I think both of our families would love to see both of our faiths represented in some capacity, but I realize we may not be able to find a priest and a rabbi who are willing to co-officiate. Has anyone dealt with this in KC? Any suggestions about people to contact? Thanks!

Re: Interfaith Officiant Suggestions?

• Options
    edited August 2012

First, welcome to KC!!!  Second, congrats on your engagement!!  Third, sadly I haven't had any experience in attending any interfaith ceremonies.  Most of the catholic priests around the area do not perform catholic ceremonies outside their Parrish.  Have you checked out the Interfaith Board yet?  I took a peak and there was someone suggesting you may just have to 'rent-a-priest' on-line that is not a real priest but someone that can incorporate the catholic elements, etc.  Does anyone else have any other suggestions??  Good luck and feel free to PM me!  Welcome again!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_interfaith-officiant-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:2a270e42-0a58-48f9-b39b-2e6504321736Post:aad2e7ae-2267-4a1e-bc3e-d1d05058e627">Re:Interfaith Officiant Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would call a few area synagogues. Congregation Ohev Sholom is near me and I've seen them advertise some interfaith services. Or you might email or call the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council at 913.548.2973. Good luck!
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Great suggestions!  Thanks, Sleeper2013!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards