Missouri-Kansas City

Vendor Review - 10.9.10 Wedding

Sorry this took so long - just got back from the honeymoon and am playing catch up.

Venue: Town Pavilion A+: The place looked AMAZING.  Sharon was great to work with and was very helpful.  I loved that we could take stuff done Friday afternoon and they would setup everything but the bar areas.  We also had until Sunday morning to clean up but we did not need that time.   We were really happy with the place and the whole night we got compliments on how unique and beautiful the space was.  It easily fit all our guests with room to spare.   

Lighting: Innovative Lighting & Design A+:Carolyn was great to work with and did our entire up lighting, stair drape and lighting as well the gobo on the draping.  She made sure the lettering on our gobo matched our invitations and was so easy to work with we got compliments all night on how well the place looked 

Cake: Hy-Vee A+:
The cake turned out amazing we had lots of compliments on the cake flavors and we order more then we needed and still only had a few pieces left.  The groom’s cake was a K-State wildcat and she did a awesome job on it.   

Food Hy-Vee B+:
The food was good and the servers were very helpful and did a great job of keeping everything filled on the buffet line as well as bussing the tables.  They also cut the cake and plated it out on a separate table so it was easier for our guests to get too.  The only reason they got a B+ was that there were suppose to be three vegetarian meals for my family and they didn’t have them.  They did have someone from a Hy-Vee nearby bring down some vegetarian food but it wasn’t the same entrée we ordered.   

DJ: Party 2 Go A:
David was very nice and easy to work with.  He selected great music for the dinner hour and keep things moving smoothly during the transition periods.  He also played some great dance music.  The only reason he got a A was that my mom requested some songs and he only played one of them the whole evening.  Our reception was 5 hours and I think he could have made more of an effort to play her requests.   

Photographer: Sarah Dickerson A+++:
Sarah is AWESOME!  Her second shooter Geoff was great too.  Sarah covered the girl’s while Geoff covered the guys (during the getting ready stages).  She took some great shots at our favorite hole in the wall bar (Harling’s).  We were also able to get some great night shots down town too.  Sarah is easy to work with and has a great eye.  Here is a link to her blog with some of our pictures.  I highly recommend her even though I haven’t seen all the pictures.www.sarahdickersonblog.com/weddings/maiya-and-brandon-married-prince-of-peace-church-and-town-pavilion/">http://www.sarahdickersonblog.com/weddings/maiya-and-brandon-married-prince-of-peace-church-and-town-pavilion/ 

Limo: Girls Night Out Limo A+:
These guys were great – Shannon was super easy to work with and the whole process was super smooth.  They showed up on time and took us to multiple stops for pictures.  They let us bring on food and drinks on the limo bus which was awesome.  We choose the limo bus so we could fit lots of people on the bus and it easily fit our wedding party and spouses. 

Hope this helps those of you still planning
Maiya

Re: Vendor Review - 10.9.10 Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding!! What HyVee location did you use? We're thinking about going w/ HyVee as well.
  • edited December 2011
    We used the Hy-Vee off of 87th street in Lenexa, KS.  The catering manager there is Tony

HTH
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!! We're having our reception at the Sawyer Room and they recommended the one on 87th. I have a tasting scheduled next Saturday with Tony. I hope everything goes well. What else did you serve?
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry - I was OOT at another wedding

We had the following
    Various Appiziter's (during a cocktail hour)

Buffet:
    Roast Beef
    Hawaiian Chicken
    Twice Backed Potatoe's
    Honey Glazed Carrots
    Broccoli Salad
    Garden Salad
    Rolls

HTH and you enjoyed your tasting.  All the food was very good.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much.. we had the time wrong for the tasting so now I have to wait until the 18th. You really can't beat their prices so I hope it works out. Thanks much for sharing!!
  • GreenDinosGreenDinos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review! We're going with Sarah too and just got our engagement shoot pics back- she is so cool and so talented!
    I think we're going with HyVee too for cake.

What about hair/ makeup?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards