Missouri-Kansas City

20 guests, location?

My fiance is military, so we're doing a quick wedding this December, with just our immediate family, really, attending. I have no idea where to have it. It will be winter, so I want indoors, but most places that really hold weddings want you to do the rehearsal, ceremony, and sometimes reception, there. They also are pretty big places, and we really will only have about 20 people there.

I want to do a real ceremony; walk down the aisle and all that even if it's a 10ft makeshift aisle but we also want to make it short and sweet. So I basically need a small area, pretty enough to take pictures in, that I can rent for just a few hours.

Help?

Re: 20 guests, location?

• lmarsch1lmarsch1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Do you just need a space for a ceremony? or also a reception?  If you are only looking for a ceremony space, there is the cutest little chapel in midtown called Pilgrim Chapel.  I've never been there in person, but when I was looking for photographers, I kept seeing it in pictures and kept thinking how great it looked in photos.

If you are looking for a place for a ceremony & reception, I'd suggest maybe looking into a bed & breakfast that you could rent for the day/night.  Then you & your guests could spend the night & have the whole house to yourselves.  My mom & stepdad did this in December about 15 years ago with about 50 guests, it worked perfectly for them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second the Pilgrim Chapel.  It's a beautiful location.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just recommended this location to another bride, but depending on what you're looking for, check out the Circle S Ranch. They've got a bed and breakfast and you can rent it for the weekend. They will let you pay for all of the rooms or you can divide the cost for guest rooms amongst your guests.
  • Thanks so much! I went and looked at Pilgrim Chapel yesterday and loved it, I'm going to call them tomorrow!
  • Try The Logan Pavilion on 40 hwy its 300$ for 4 hours you can do wedding and reception all in same room very nice place...bridal suite as well 816-200*-1083

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_20-guests-location?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:320e9d96-e7a7-4deb-9db2-89f80f911db5Post:2ff8b826-d87c-4a45-afba-73f41e806889">20 guests, location?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance is military, so we're doing a quick wedding this December, with just our immediate family, really, attending. I have no idea where to have it. It will be winter, so I want indoors, but most places that really hold weddings want you to do the rehearsal, ceremony, and sometimes reception, there. They also are pretty big places, and we really will only have about 20 people there. I want to do a real ceremony; walk down the aisle and all that even if it's a 10ft makeshift aisle but we also want to make it short and sweet. So I basically need a small area, pretty enough to take pictures in, that I can rent for just a few hours. Help?
    Posted by xechosx[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards