Missouri-Kansas City

Rehearsal Dinner Locations

Hi!

I'm starting to plan our rehearsal dinner and am looking for good places. I would love to do Oklahoma Joe's but don't have a place to have it catered to (our venue will be booked the night before so we won't do our actual rehearsal there). Any ideas on where we could rent the space but bring in the food?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations

• edited December 2011
    We wanted to do the same thing but have decided to go with Jackstack. We did look at Boulevard Brewery though for our rehearsal dinner and loved it--it is expensive though. One of our favorite places we looked at though was called The Carriage House. It's right near Westport and it's apart of The Levee (which is a bar). It's really resonalbe and we really liked it. If we would have gone with OK Joes we would have gone with that. I would also suggest emailed Ok Joes and ask for their list of places (that's how we found out about Boulevard and The Carriage House).

Good luck!!

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're most likely having our at the original Arthur Bryant's downtown.  They have a private room and it's my FI favorite BBQ place around here, so I hope it works out!

• edited December 2011
    When is your ceremony? If it's when the weather will be reasonable, how about a park somewhere? You can usually find shelters to rent for cheap and have whatever you want catered in.
  • KCBride2011KCBride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my fiance's only requests was to have OK Joe's at the rehearsal dinner.  We ran into the same problem finding a place.  We ended up booking The Event Space at Nara downtown, which allows you to bring in outside food.  They've been great to work with so far, and the space is very nice.  We also looked at galleries in the Crossroads but had trouble finding one that didn't require us to rent tables, chairs, etc. on top of the rental fee.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards