Missouri-Kansas City

reception ideas

Hi, my FH and I wedding is currently planned for May 8, 2011. (Might be pushed back due to finances, especially since my dream gown is $1200 and our budget is $2000). We are planning on about 100-150 guests (would love less, but my family is huge). I'm not your typical girl, I want something completely different foodwise. I have came up with two ideas, and would love your opinions! All would be served with lemonade and jungle juice. Also cake and chocolate fountain with fresh fruits.

Option 1: Hot Dog Bar
-I love grilled hot dogs, I'm thinking of lots of different toppings including bacon, pulled pork, roasted red pepper, roasted jalapeno and a host of other toppings and sauces.

Option 2: Pasta Bar
-I love Alfredo. I'm thinking different types of cooked pasta, sauces and meats such as chicken, shrimp, beef.

Re: reception ideas

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the hot dog bar sounds really fun and different. I'm not even a hot dog fan, but it still sounds good to me. Would definitely be very casual, but super affordable. You could do this at one of the local parks even.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I like the idea of the hot dog bar because it's new and different.  You could also add inexpensive sides to round it out, like potato salad and such.  That is, of course, if you want your wedding to be pretty casual and laid back.

I feel like the pasta bar would be missing something.  I'm not entirely sure what, though.  I guess many people see pasta as an accompaniment than a main dish, so they might be expecting chicken or something to go with it, which makes it pricier.

HTH!
  • Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote the hot dog bar too! It's definitely unique!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think both could be fun.  Great idea to let your guests "create" their own meal!
  • edited December 2011
    I really like the hot dog bar too! Where do you think you are going to have your reception?
  • edited December 2011
    I like the hot dog bar, I think it would be a fun to let guests "make" their own dinner. 
    Have you found a reception site yet?
  • edited December 2011
    Im hoping to have Old Shawnee Town Hall as my reception site.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm liking what I'm reading about the "let you guests decide" option. You could put all sorts of things out that can mix-and-match. Hmm...interesting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hot dog bar sounds very unique - how fun! Have you considered using Chris Cakes? We thought about doing that for our RD and the lady said they do a lot of wedding receptions, too! They have other things on their menu aside from panckaes, too. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards