Missouri-Kansas City

Wedding traditions

What a wedding tradition that you don't like?  Why?

Re: Wedding traditions

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of the bouquet/garter toss.  After attending 6 weddings last year I got sick of being singled out as single!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really want to do the bouquet/garter toss because very few singles will be coming to our small wedding - but FI wants to. We haven't decided on that yet. One tradition I hate more is receiving lines. We will not be having one.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto ... we will NOT be tossing anything at our wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Money/dollar dance... I'm not from this area originally, and the places my family hails from don't do dollar dances. I'd never heard of it until I moved here and started planning a wedding with FI, and I'm still not wild about the idea. FI is adamant that we have one because it's his family's tradition, but I feel like it's rude to ask our family and friends, over half of which have traveled from far locations to be at the wedding, to open their wallets for any reason that day.
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_wedding-traditions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:43cf0af4-6d8e-4f48-aab1-af9c4a0434d2Post:9012cb16-c589-488c-a114-5ba2c78b3c95">Re: Wedding traditions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Money/dollar dance... I'm not from this area originally, and the places my family hails from don't do dollar dances. I'd never heard of it until I moved here and started planning a wedding with FI, and I'm still not wild about the idea. FI is adamant that we have one because it's his family's tradition, but I feel like it's rude to ask our family and friends, over half of which have traveled from far locations to be at the wedding, to open their wallets for any reason that day.
    Posted by fireytiger[/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of that dance either.  I think it's a nice way of everyone to get a chance to dance with the bride and groom, but beyond that it usually takes a long time and I'd feel funny saying "You probably already brought me a gift...now give me some more money!"
  • edited December 2011
    I have a hard time with the dollar dance, too.  Every wedding I've ever been to has had one and I think we'll do one too...but I worry that it is tacky. I agree that its a nice chance for everyone to dance with the bride/groom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards