Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Decided on a venue!

Hi all,
No more deciding on venues for me. As you may know, Justin and I live in Wisconsin, but we're planning a KCMO wedding since we both originally grew up in KC. We only get back to KC every few months or so, so planning and meeting with vendors has been a little difficult. 

We got engaged in October 2011, and took tours of 3 venues in December 2011 and another 3 when we were in KC in March. Now after six places and literally hundreds of online photo viewings of other venues, we have decided on our reception location: The Grand Ballroom at the KC Convention Center!

We really hashed out our guest list this past weekend to figure out, guest count-wise, what our best facility would be. Even with A, B and C lists made, and with the idea that typically 2/3 of guests invited actually attend a wedding, we're looking at at least 300. The Grand Ballroom really fit our needs the best. Jacque Stock at the Grand Ballroom has been very prompt and professional via e-mail, as well. We met a different lady for the tour originally, who also was great.

Date-wise, well .... Yell Have you heard of the movie called "Five Year Engagement?" That may be us. Okay, not quite! We were engaged in October 2011, and we're looking at April or May 2014 as our date. We won't be back in KC until Christmas 2012, and I didn't feel that this was good timing to plan a spring 2013 wedding — too much to do in only a few months. So, spring 2014 it is! Not much planning will happen for us during the rest of 2012, but I hope to really plan many dates in 2013 to visit KC to finalize all the details!

Cool That's my story.

Re: Decided on a venue!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards