Missouri-Kansas City

Tuxes

Hello!  Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to get tuxes for the guys in the wedding?  I know what I'd like them to look like but I have no idea where to get them!  I'm in the Overland Park area.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Tuxes

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Men's Warehouse in Lenexa (it's on 95th right down the street from Oak Park, by the DB). So far so good. We love the tuxes and the price was right ($124+taxes/fees).

Plus for every 5 rentals you get either a free tux rental, or a suit/tax to keep (up to $400). We're going to get FI a suit and just pay for his rental.

Also, there are MWs all over the country so it's easy for OOT attendants to get fitted and order, but you can specify to have all of the tuxes sent to your local.

Finally, if you used DB for your BM dresses, they have the same colors. The color/pattern combos were limited, but we found what we needed easily. If you look in my Bio under Attire I listed what we chose.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    We are getting ours from Mia's Bridal.  They have been great to work with and have a great selection.  They carry a different line than Men's Wearhouse but also have specials so that the groom's tux is free and we are getting a reduced ring bearer tux as well.  OOT people can have be measured at any alterations place and then submit their sizes online. 
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours at Gown Gallery, where I got my dress.  We were looking for a very specific Calvin Klein grey tux and Mens Wearhouse didn't have it.  We really liked that GG ordered a tux for FI to TRY on before we even ordered it!  We ended up getting his tux for free because we have 6 GMs, too.
    Where did you get your dress at?
  • edited December 2011
    Just curious amymoidl, if you don't mind sharing what price range were the Calvin Klein tuxes from Gown Gallery?
  • edited December 2011
    Gown Gallery is ghetto and the service is not great.  For outstanding service and selection, go to Pinstripes on the Plaza.  The have the best selection by far and they will tailor the rental tuxes slightly if need be.  Ask for Wally.
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:4fcfd955-9926-4a91-a20b-e2037d655530Post:70d6bea8-e9b6-46de-a27f-cc460fadae81">Re: Tuxes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gown Gallery is ghetto and the service is not great.  For outstanding service and selection, go to Pinstripes on the Plaza.  The have the best selection by far and they will tailor the rental tuxes slightly if need be.  Ask for Wally.
    Posted by JessicaWheeler924[/QUOTE]

Ghetto??? A: that term is ridiculous and B: they were awesome! I didn't buy from them but I really felt that I would have if I hadn't found a dress at DB. Yeah, getting to their store is a little weird (you have to go down an alley sort of) but otherwise they were great. I just want to know how they are "ghetto?"

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    i definitely recommend mia's bridal. they've been nothing short of amazing with me for all things for our wedding.
    jenifriend
    may flower
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Men's Warehouse if for no other reason than convenience for GMs spread over the country. If you don't have that issue, I'd say any of them. I haven't heard anything negative about one tux place from another.
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Men's Wearhouse also had a deal where you put down a $20 deposit at the bridal show and got $40 off of each tux. I appreciated that since we picked all white tuxes and those were a little more expensive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards