Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Vendor Reviews 6/30 Wedding

Reception Venue-Kauffman Center of Performing Arts: A+

Even before our guests stepped into the Kauffman, it had that ‘wow’ factor!  When they heard we were having the reception there, our guests were super excited to have the reception at Kansas City’s newest landmark.  Since it was still not open when I booked it, things were a little bumpy and there was a turnover in staff as we continued working with them.  Once all the communications where smoothed out, the staff was incredible!  The chef took what little instructions I gave him to create our custom menu and the food was phenomenal.  We had the entire place for our guests to enjoy!  We had our cocktail hour on the top balcony and dinner/dance on the main floor.   We received so many compliments on the venue. 

Ceremony Venue-Sacred Heart Guadalupe Church: A+

They are very agreeable and easy to work with.  It’s an older church but it stayed cool during the ceremony.  Father Al was a pleasure to work with and we loved having it there.  Compared to many other catholic churches, they are very relaxed about their decoration requirements. 

Flowers-Clara’s Flowers: A

Clara was one of my favorite vendors because she really understood and listened to my ideas.  She works out of her home and has done weddings at almost every venue in town.  Her prices were affordable and she can work with any budget.  My bouquet was very pretty but a big larger than I had thought it was going to be!  I wouldn’t hesitate to call her again for another event.

Photography-Kinsey Hubbard Photography: A+++

Kinsey was our favorite vendor.  She was professional and composed throughout the day.  I originally found her on CL and had her do our engagement photos first.  She is a student and gave us a great price for all day coverage and the rights to reprint our images.  I can’t wait to see the rest of the photos but the few she had edited have already been incredible!  I would highly recommend her!

Video-Nouvelle Productions: B

Shawn also works in St. Louis and travels back and forth, so it was mainly email that we communicated.  I decided much later that I needed a video and wish that I had more time to spend with him to coordinate our day but he was on time, affordable and I am confident he captured all the important events! 

Cake-Sweet Pea Cakes-C

Erin and I met and I emailed her pictures of the ideas I had.  The day of the wedding, the cake looked nothing like the pictures I sent.  So either I didn’t communicate enough of what I wanted or she didn’t understand what it was I really wanted.  Either way, it was an average cake and it served its purpose. 

Photo booth-Pink Dandelion Photography/Hoot Booth Photo Booth: A-

The photo booth pricing has become very competitive and we found them with an on-line coupon.  I loved their set up and their props were funny.  They moved the line along fast and it was hit with the guests!  Payment was a little tricky to get to them quickly because they don’t take cc on their site. 

Day of Coordinator-Nicole Russell: A+

Nicole was fantastic!  She was thorough, professional and prompt.  She made the day move so smoothly and was organized.  He pricing is very competitive and it was the smartest decision I made. 

Make-up/Hair-Corie Vogel: A

Corie was awesome!  She’s very competitive in her pricing and she was easy to get in touch with and confirm everything.  Both my hair and make-up stayed in place throughout the day!  Her pricing was confusing about what was included with her trials but she worked that out with me.  Just be sure that you confirm what the pricing includes and doesn’t.  She was a delight to work with and I would highly recommend her.   

Rehearsal Dinner-Bristol Seafood Grill-Downtown location: A

Wonderful! It was a cozy set up in their private dining room.  It seats up to 50 but that would be pretty snug fit.   Guests enjoyed the selection of 4 entrees.  The do have a projector and screen, that we used. 

Lodging-Crowne Plaza: A
Great downtown location and competitive pricing.  They handed out our guest bags to each of our guests and provided a guest listing.  I think there was some staff turnover but someone always responded to my email.  Nice guest rooms but it was busy during wedding season on a Saturday! 

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!  Thanks, ladies!

Micaela

Re: Vendor Reviews 6/30 Wedding

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_vendor-reviews-630-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:5524d531-3978-4547-a6a5-65cd590fb9eaPost:bf39bf32-0eab-41b7-a78a-f6ff955c6484">Re: Vendor Reviews 6/30 Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Posted by MandA81711[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!
  • Options
    If you don't mind sharing, how much was the performing arts center to rent out? I love it, but could not find any rental prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards