Missouri-Kansas City

New to the Knot

Hey girls!  I'm new to the planning process.  I'm living out of town and planning a wedding in Kansas City, which is where I'm originally from.  We're thinking a December 2010 wedding, but like I said we are really new to this whole process.

I'm also a BM in my best friends wedding in October...so this is a year full of weddings for us!  Hope the planning process is going well for everyone and that it's as fun for you girls as I hope it will be for me!!  I look forwarding to chatting with you all!

~Megan

Re: New to the Knot

• QueenofQuirkyQueenofQuirky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Megan! Congrats and welcome!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  Welcome to board.  Be sure to ask if you need anything and happy planning.
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! I'm also planning a KC wedding from out of town (I'm from Kansas City as well). Where do you live? I'm in Lincoln, NE.
  • mmk<3cws2010mmk<3cws2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in southest Kansas...about 35 minutes north east of Pitssburg.  My sister and brother both went or are still attending the University of Nebraska.  How far along are you in the planning process?  I'm finding that it's kinda of hard to make decisions from out of town.
  • momo09momo09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement!!!! I planned my wedding from out of town too (I live in Dallas) and my best friend got married the month before me so we were a year of wedding activities too.  Its so fun to plan with your BFF.

I definitely have some info that can help you with the planning process.  E-mail me at triplm [at] hotmail [dot] com
    Happy Planning!
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, it can be a bit more difficult to plan from out-of-town. Our wedding is in Jun. I didn't think it'd be too big of a deal, since I'm only 3 hours away, but you have to plan a trip to meet with people instead of being able to schedule meetings after work or whenever. We've also had trouble coordinating my and my FI's schedule for him to come with me, so he hasn't been able to help as much as he may have. We've still been able to figure everything out, however. It sounds like you may be a little closer to KC than I am, too.
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations & welcome to the board!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards