Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Selecting Songs...

Okay, so we are having a church wedding.  I have a co-worker that plays the harp.  So she will be doing the music prior to the service.  Then I will be having an organist play traditional songs such as Canon in D, Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, Trumpet Voluntary, etc. 

My question is we are also having a male soloist that plays the acoustic guitar during the lighting of the unity candle in the service.  He had suggested the song, "Only You Can Love Me This Way" by Keith Urban.  He said this was a song that he had played before at several wedding.  Just wondering if you guys think it will go with the other more traditional songs.  This would be the only song in the actual service.  The rest is played either in both recessions. 

Let me know your thoughts.  Or if you have any other suggestions for solos for a male along with the acoustic guitar.  Thanks...

Re: Selecting Songs...

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can really do anything at this time.  My friends played Adam Sandler's "Grow Old Together" song during their unity ceremony.  But I would suggest maybe picking a song that means something to you guys.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP, but keep in mind that some churches greatly restrict the songs that can be played. Make sure to check with the church/officiant before finalizing anything.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with other PP, but m suggestion for a different male, guitar solo would be Steven Curtis Chapman's "I Will Be Here"... If you really want to try to keep the "flow" of the music. Otherwise, just go with whatever flow you and FI create :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards