Missouri-Kansas City
Options

NWR: Let's share recipes!

I was pretty proud of myself last night. David and I were watching Top Chef while I made a balsamic and peach chicken.

So in honor of my pseudo-gourmet cooking skillzz, I wanted to share and have everyone post their favorite recipes and/or recent culinary accomplishments!

Balsamic and Peach Chicken
1lb chicken breasts, bonless and skinless
1 c balsamic vinegar
1/2 c olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 or 3 ripe peaches, peeled and mashed (and hopefully not eaten, because I had the problem that I kept eating them while cutting them... lol)
2 large, fresh basil leaves

Preheat broiler to 375*. Whisk vinegar, honey, garlic powder, salt, pepper, mustard together. Add olive oil and basil, mix. Add mashed peaches, then pour mixture over chicken and marinate for 2 hours (I only did it for one because I ran out of time and was hungry). Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cook chicken under broiler for about 20 minutes, until done and juices run clear. While chicken is cooking, switch marinade into a sauce pot and bring to a boil. Once it boils, turn it down to a simmer and let it reduce pretty much until the chicken is done, stirring occasionally. After you plate the chicken, whisk the sauce (the oil will have separated) and spoon over the chicken. I served it with potatoes but it would probably be good with rice as well.

Share away! :D

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

Re: NWR: Let's share recipes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy!  I can add a recipe later when I'm home.  The only one I have memorized is for chocolate chip cookies!
  • Options
    OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    meme40meme40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do u have to put it in a broiler not sure my stove has one or not.
  • Options
    prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    meme - no, I suppose you can grill it as well, or oven bake it. The oven bake would take longer, probably closer to 30 minutes. Check and see if the dial on your oven goes to "broil;"  if so, they are the coils at the top of the oven. I had never used it until recently but now I've been broiling up a storm because it's like grilling only you don't have to go out in the bugs and the heat. :D

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    meme40meme40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOLZ... YEA I HAVE A BROILER.LOLZ. I love to cook and i love trying out new recipes. ty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards