Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Welcome Bags: What are you including?

Most of my guests are not from KC and this will be their first trip there so I wanted to make sure I did the KC welcome bags.   I have a few ideas of what I love in KC but wondered what you guys thought as well.  I am thinking topsy's popcorn, a small bottle of gates bbq sauce (my family loves gates), personaliized water bottle, and maybe some russell stovers candy.  

What are you including? 

Re: Welcome Bags: What are you including?

• Options
    njdevils05njdevils05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not from KC but when I think KC, I think of Royals, BBQ & Boulevard Beer. I'm doing a destination wedding so most of my suggestions won't help but my bags have:
    Insulated Drinking Cups
    Water toys
    Playing Cards
    Tissues
    Tylenol
    Pepto Bismol Tablets
    Bug Spray
    Sunscreen
    Aloe Gel
    Chapstick
    Hair flower clips
    Emery Boards
    Koozie Kups

All of these items are placed in a fabric beach bag.
    I tried to help prepare my guests with things I thought they wouldn't think about needing but hopefully be glad that they had, especially if they needed them.

You obviously want to include some very KC items but also some wedding things. Maybe include small bags of popcorn (if the hotel has a microwave in the room) People love food. You obviously know your guests better than I will so think about things they will enjoy, not everyones bag has to be identical. My FFIL loves Crossword puzzles so I was sure to grab a $1 book for his bag with a few mini pencils.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of your ideas sound really cute!! We didn't put many "kansas city" items but I wish we would have. Someone I know put chocolate covered sunflower seeds which i thought was cute! In ours we just put more "travel items" Advil, gum, mints, a map, a welcome letter,  things like that. One thing we did was go to the plaza welcome center (where you would buy gift cards) and picked up a ton of different brochures to put in our welcome bags. They had a huge variety and they're free!! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love coffee and most hotels have coffee pots so I'll be putting in the Roastarie coffee mini bags.  I'd love to do Christopher Elbow chocolates but that could get a little expensive I think.  But I'll probably do the other things as well that are the 'must-haves'. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards