Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Location Issues!?

This seems to be the biggest road block ever. We are about an hour away from KC and decided we wanted to have it outside. We're just looking to have it somewhere close to home and are clueless. Is anyone doing (has already done) this? My sister had hers outside of her house a few years ago and it was so pretty, but we are not having such good luck finding a place for our June wedding. Any ideas? :)

Re: Location Issues!?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You want the ceremony AND reception outside? Or just the ceremony? When you say an hour from KC, do you want to have it near you or in KC? And also guest number would help too.
    I am having mine at a horse ranch in Lenexa KS. It's called Peeper Ranch and they have a gorgeous outdoor space for the ceremony (gazebo next to a pond) and have an indoor space too for the reception. There is enough space outside for a tent too. The price is reasonable, too.
    Some other places -
    Lee Andrew Hall and Gardens in Blue Springs, MO
    Hawthorne House in Parkville, MO
    Meadowview Gardens in Bates City, MO
    Circle S Ranch in Lawrence, KS
    Powell Gardens in Kingsville, MO

There are probably a lot more but that's what I could think of that had outdoor options. You would probably have to rent a large tent if you want the reception outside if the venue doesn't have one.
  • Options
    Well we had originally planned on finding somewhere in kc but are now thinking about having it close to home and having the reception indoors. We have a place we could have the reception but we're stuck on a location for the ceremony!
    There are no venues close to us so we've been just driving around hoping to find somewhere pretty around but no luck. Then electricity, bathrooms, and all of that comes into play as well.. so we're just not sure how easily that would work out!? We decided against kc because of the distance of two hours for many of our guests but are now struggling with where.. so stressful!
  • Options
    Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    You said two hours away, but in which direction!? That could be Manhattan KS, Columbia MO, Pittsburgh KS, or Iowa! There's a big difference lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards