Missouri-Kansas City
Options

hiring students?

hi.  im always extremely broke, and am trying to plan a wedding.  we dont really have a budget set, instead, we're just starting early and doing as much reserach as possible to find the best deal.  i was wondering what all possibilities there are for hiring students.  i know photography and makeup, but there has to be more out there.  also, does anyone know how to find them?  what school?  maybe contact info?  i donno, just trying to find every way possible to save money.  :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: hiring students?

• Options

My fiance and I hired a student to do our engagement pictures for a VERY cheap price, like $80 for an hour session that included the pictures on a disc and the rights to them! Her name is Kylie, and you can find her on Facebook, Kylie hearts Photography. If you're skeptical about using her, don't be! Her mother is a professional photographer who has been doing it for 20some years and taught her daughter everything!! Check her out!!!!

• Options
    awesome.  thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I would aslo check Craigslist.com under Event Services.  I found some good leads there for students and people new to the industry just trying to get their name out there!
  • Options
    I just wanted to share that while looking on craigslist last weekend, I actually saw a few listings from photographers actually offering to shoot weddings for free, just because they are just starting out and trying to build their portfolios. 
  • Options
    are you needing flowers? i am a young floral designer with a few years experience that would be interested in doing your flowers if you dont already have somebody doing them. im not technically a student yet but am going to school for buisness next spring if that counts lol. i can do fresh flowers or silk flowers in any colors or budget.
     email me at blakeandreadesigns@gmail.com if you are interested and we can set up a meeting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards