Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Venues/colors

I would like somewhere that I can hold both the ceremony and reception. My entire family is coming from Georgia and I want it to be easy on them. We do not want a church wedding and we need an inexpensive facility. I have looked at Alexander Majors House. We are looking for fall and about 100 guest. Also, I am looking for colors for fall. I like navy blue but I do not think my original peach accent would be appropriate. It feels more spring to me.

Re: Venues/colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really liked Loose Mansion but it was too small for my wedding (200 guests).  It would be perfect for 100 guests though.  Everything could be done there, from you and your FI getting ready to the actual ceremony to your reception.  They even have a ton of stuff to decorate with included in the price.  I think you could use a copper or silver accent, or go for a mocha or latte color with your navy blue.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Elms is also an all in one location, and it has a hotel attached.  Its where i'm getting married in three weeks.  I can give you a better review then
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Mission Theatre in Mission, KS. It's kind of expensive if you're having a Friday or Saturday wedding ($4500), but on Sunday it is only $750! And they include the DJ, alcohol, bartender, tables, chairs, linens, some things for centerpieces, and the place is pretty much already decorated. It also can hold as many as 350 (300 for a sit-down meal). The only problem is that there is no real kitchen, just a place for caterers to set up.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Olde Mill Emporium in Parkville Mo. Very reasonable and they set up for the ceremony and reception. Plus, Parkville is beautiful in the fall!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You may want to check out Club 1000.  I'm not sure it would fit in your budget, but perhaps you could have the ceremony and reception on the same floor.  If you only have about 100 guests, they can use the 6th floor for both and flip the room while your guests enjoy cocktails in the back.  It's a beautiful venue and definitely worth checking out!  Lots of nearby hotels, too!

Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Lenexa Conference Center and will also be having about 100 guests. We will be married outside in garden area and then the reception will be inside. It's affordable, if I remember right about $1,000 for 8am until Midnight. You can also bring your own food and drink in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out The Loretto. It has a BEAUTIFUL place upstairs for ceremonies!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The Longview Mansion in Lee's Summit is very nice for both ceremonies and receptions.

I had a friend get married recently at the Rhapsody in Independence, MO.  It was lovely, and she said it was very affordable, especially since you can bring in whatever food and beverages you like.

As far as your colors go, I'd say if you can do navy and peach if you want.  If that's what you like, don't worry about the season.  If you're set on fall stuff, maybe you could switch the peach to something more like oranges and reds.  Or keep peach and use browns instead of navy.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody! I am definetly checking into a couple of these places.! Still deciding on colors. I will probably change my mind 9 million times! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards