Missouri-Kansas City

Vendor Reviews

All of these vendors are in Lawrence, KS.

Ceremony Venue:  Danforth Chapel=A+ It was beautiful, inexpensive and just plain great. 

Reception Venue:  Lawrence Visitor's Center=A+  The garden is amazing, the staff is super friendly and easy to work with and it was an all around good experience having our reception there.

Food:  Hy-Vee on 6th Street=A+  The food was delicious and plentiful (we ended taking a ton of it home).  The prices were good and the catering manager takes care of everything so I did not have to worry about a thing!

Cake:  Hy-Vee on 6th Street=B-  The wedding cake was gorgeous, yummy and exactly what I wanted.  But they get a B- because of the groom's cake.  I ordered a John Deere tractor cake for DH for his groom's cake.  They have made them before and they showed me pictures of what they had done.  The cake they delivered had 'John Deer' written on it even though the order form clearly said Deere as well as the pictures I had seen.

Flowers:  Hy-Vee on 6th Street= A++ I absolutely loved my flowers!  I was so nervous about what my bouquet would look like even though I had given them pictures and descriptions.  It turned out exactly like what I had imagined and I could  not have been happier with it.

Photographer:  JK Photography (Julie Krische)= A  Julie is amazing!  She is super nice, goes the extra mile to make you feel comfortable and was just great to work with.  She also is super fast at getting the final product to you and very affordable.  I would highly recommend her to anyone needing a photographer in the Lawrence area.
My Book Blog

my read shelf:
Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Good to know that Hy-vee was good- I'm getting married in Lawrence as well, so they were on my list to look at for food and/or flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards