Missouri-Kansas City

Reception Hall!

Thanks for the previous help on churches... I think we are making a choice this weekend! ( I will let you all know!!) 

Now I am REALLY stressing on reception. FI is really set on 300 people, I've been trying to talk him down, but both of us have big families and such. We are having trouble finding anywhere that can hold that many people... 

We are open to banquet centers (Knights of Columbus, Elks Lodge, etc) that we can rent the space and then spruce it up. 

Thoughts? 

Re: Reception Hall!

• taraclayt1taraclayt1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure at the location you choose for your wedding- but when I was planning a wedding at about 250 I was looking at Scottish Rite Facility. It is pretty cheap for how large it it- and it can house over 500 very comfortably. I am going to attach a website to the tour pics they post online- it kind of looks a little stuffy, but i thought it was cool when i toured it. They also have a kind of chapel area too if you are interested and have not 100% choosen a ceremony site. Good Luck!!!

http://www.srkc.org/tour/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    If you are open to places not downtown or in the city there is the Ball Conference Center out in Olathe that holds up to 400 people and it you can do a lot to make it look nice.  I've been to 3 weddings there and all of them were wonderful.  They have an open catering and alcohol policy too.

Good Luck!
  • greubelkgreubelk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check with Black on Burlington.  It's new iand just north of downtown. It's an old warehouse sort of feel that I really loved.  I am having 250 for my wedding, but Patrice, the owner, told me she could do 300.  They have catering as they own above and beyond catering, but you can also use your own for no additional cost and bring your own alcohol.  Hope that helps!
  • mikeysmom07mikeysmom07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Emaline Ballroom in Lee's Summit. It can hold 300 and the place is beautiful! They have a website, emalineballroom.com, with pricing and everything. Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards